Diesel Place banner

Leveling kit whats what

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  D_R_C 
#1 ·
What to level it and run larger tires but every shop I go to wants to do it a different way. Which way is best and wont destroy the ride or tires. I am only wanting to run a 285 tire. Any help would be great

#2 ·
I've run the Redi Lift leveling kit on my 07.5 3500 SRW for over 4 years but its cranked up 3 1/2" (not recommended) and my 285 tires still rub a little.
It might work better on your truck than they do on mine.

#3 · (Edited)
No kit on mine, only cranked a little bit. Run 285 tires and no rub.

Just noticed you have an OBS. It's even easier than a NBS.

#4 ·
Cognito if you want to keep your factory ride. Crank your keys if you just want to fit 285s.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
i agree just give the bolts a few turns. if you wanna do it "somewhat" right (leveling is still not right because throws cv angles higher and also tie rod ends) i would put in cognito upper control arms so you dont have ball joint issues and allows a little more droop. also longer front shocks are a must. the higher you go the worse the ride gets. there aint no way around it. i had 2" rear blocks and front about 3 inches higher than stock and it rides so bad. dont remember for sure and everything is a little different but i think mine took 7 turns each side to level with stock rear. 285's arent hard to fit on these trucks on stock wheels. (got 315's on about an inch of rake with stock rear).

#6 · (Edited)
On my 1 ton even going up 3 1/2" it's still 1" lower in the front compared to the rear.
I have the front 2" shock lower bracket extension and 5100 Bilstiens that are 2" longer which worked out perfect. What help with the ride a little was installing the Cognito UCA's, after 4 years noticing a little rougher ride.
The ride quality is still a little undesirable at times and I don't remember how the ride was 4 1/2 years ago before I installed the leveling kit.
Recently i have thought about going with a 4" lift.
4X4 Shops claim this will improved the ride a lot, but I'm still questioning if that's just a selling pitch or fact with the stock ride on a 1 ton being a little harsh anyway.
What bothers me more than cost for a lift which is costly, is the cutting on the differential and other areas, which makes it very hard to put it back to stock, if ever someone wanted to.

#7 ·
2 K in the bed will level it out nice.

#8 ·
And it will make it ride better after to you take out the weight. Seems to anyway :)

#9 ·
:thumb: When I hook up my 5th wheel it rides real good but its still a higher in the rear after the airbags get aired up. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.