Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this one has worn a hole in the carpet but,

I have an 06 2500 4x4 crew Hd. Had an 05 and cranked torsions and had to get new shocks to kill the porpoise, so heres the question.

I dont want to lift it I just want to level and fit the biggest tire & wheel pkg I can. Maybe 285/65 or hopefully 33's on 20's to keep it clean w/ no rubbing and minimal trimmage.

What's the best way to go. Will just a leveling kit work and whose to get or will I have to do shocks & torsion cranking anyways?

·
Registered
289 Posts
All the leveling kits I know of involve cranking and shocks anyway. (keys and cranking are the same IMO)

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
You'll need shocks or extensions and cranking any route you go. Carefull with "leveling kits"...there not all the same. Cognitos leveling kit gives you upper control arms to help ride, alignment, and ball joint angle. Other "leveling kits" give you keys...which you may not need anyway... I was able to get 3" with stock keys....

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
All right....Enough of the "I'm too laze to answer" comments. :mad:

I've deleted 5 of them allready.

If someone cant help this guy, I'm closing it.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I'd recommend just cranking your bars first before installing new keys. You might get all of the lift you need. A good kit like the cognito will allow you to get it aligned to the factory specs once the truck is levelled. Tire size will depend greatly on the backspace of the wheel. I have no experience or knowledge of what would work with 20's. Imo a 33x12.50 or equivalant should work with up to 4.5" of bs with a 9" wheel. Again I have no experience and that is a shot in the dark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts