Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this should probably go to transmissions but it relates to the LBZ and LLY. I got a letter today from GM saying how after market enhancement kits for engine perfomance could hurt the allison tranny. Just was wondering how many of you other 2006 owners got the letter? Just wanted to pass the info on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
you must have bought yours around newyears. i got the same letter today

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bought mine end of november:D history in mah sig

·
Registered
369 Posts
sorry didn't check sig before post.

Alli must have made a corp. decision to send the letters after dealing with all the warranty repairers from too much HP to the tranny

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries. Yeah alli is going the old *cya* before the rest of the programmers hit the market lol:lol:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Bully Dog did something to mine. I pulled it out today seems fine now.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Got mine today. Not Really worried, Sun coast IV is in the works.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Same here.

·
Registered
272 Posts
got mine today as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Got mine today, like this is news to most everybody?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have not gotten one.. Hmm...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Me too, today. It's the same brochure I got with the truck but now it has the aftermarket clause.
This reminds me of my "experiment" that will take, hopefully, a long time. I am going to try to keep this truck's driveline stock for a long time. No fuel, air, chip, exhaust, etc.
Having been through the diesel modification arena for many years with Cummins/Dodge, I will try my hardest to resist the urge to B.O.M.B.
This truck is my bread and butter, I want reliabilty, towability, safety, and LOW MAINTENENCE. Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Got the truck in mid Dec. Got the letter today !!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Having been through the diesel modification arena for many years with Cummins/Dodge, I will try my hardest to resist the urge to B.O.M.B.
This truck is my bread and butter, I want reliabilty, towability, safety, and LOW MAINTENENCE. :blahblah: Cheers
:grd: :muahaha:

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
No letter here ... yet. No power enhancements yet either, not that I'm not thinking of any. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
no letter here yet

·
Registered
550 Posts
got mine today also they always have some excuse not to fix something!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts