Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, that's what I got in the mail today. Along with a color brochure the letter warned me (a recent truck buyer) against these "performance enhancement kits" for Allison and Duramax. Anyone else got it. What's the deal here, scare tactics?? Do these add-ons kill the warranty?
Thanx for your thoughts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i think unit453 got one today, but i havent got one yet surprisingly.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I got my fancy threat...:p:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I'm glad I didn't get one,I'd sure hate to have to put my truck back to stock!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
maybe allison should take a look at a few of the aftermarket kits and make the allison a better tranny, DAM FOOLS

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
hey sleepertrk i didnt get one either, i guess were good to go and add more HP and TQ to the alli.

SleeperTRK;1594159; said:
I didnt get one...mine is ok to mod I guess huh?!? lol

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yeah If they built it like a SC or ATS trans that would be a great selling point

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
It's just their way of saying the same thing we have been saying on this forum since the begining...If you want to play, you will pay...

·
Registered
321 Posts
WanaDmxsub;1594347; said:
It's just their way of saying the same thing we have been saying on this forum since the begining...If you want to play, you will pay...

:exactly:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
but the sad thng is even in a stock motor fourm, the upgraded allison will out last the stocker many times over, just makes sense with the bigger plates

WanaDmxsub;1594347; said:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
rydnhi4x4;1594189; said:
hey sleepertrk i didnt get one either, i guess were good to go and add more HP and TQ to the alli.

Yep thats what im thinking! :D lol i wish, im just going to upgrade the whole thing so bye bye allison warranty anyway.

If GM would put a built trans in their trucks it would be a huge selling point

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I havent received the letter but I did drop my truck off yesterday to have the ATS Extreme installed I guess its a good thing it has a 3 yr 150,000mile warranty

·
Registered
924 Posts
Got mine today also.All that jumbo about leaving it factory or void the warranty.yellow print on the last page .Im still going with the suncoast stage 5 .I believe its a stronger and leaner tranny .

·
Registered
580 Posts
:knight: on there letters. :D I guess they just found out about tuners.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Allison trans.

So far, it looks like the '07 is the only target ! ! ! :sheephump :sheephump :sheephump

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
hollister bob;1595069; said:
So far, it looks like the '07 is the only target ! ! ! :sheephump :sheephump :sheephump
Not really. Most of us '06 owners got the same letter last year.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts