Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title of this thread says it all.

I currently have intake/full exhaust/SDsleeves and an edge w/ attitude. Im looking to run consistant high 12s on just fuel. I know a tranny is a must but im prettty much clueless as what to go with. Ive been looking at the obvious suncoast V, but if there really isnt much of a differnece between it an the IV then...:confused: :confused: Whats the difference between all the torq convertors as well? what would you guys reccomend? How about ATS? Ive been saving up for the last few months and i have some scholarship money comming in a couple weeks..:ro) :ro) Time for some real power.
Once i got that part taken care of, where to go from there? V/A stacked with PPE?
How about H/J stacking well w/ something? im lovin the attitude display.
:grd: :help:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The difference between the V and the IV is that the V is a drop in trans. with a warranty and the IV is a kit that you put in you existing trans.

As 1Bad01 said, the PPE or Quad stack could get you into the twelves. From what people are saying Westers is showing promise, of course TTS(my choice), and as it progresses EFILive might be an alternative.

On edit: I would talk to Mike L. or Joe at Suncoast about what converter choice would suit your needs the best.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The difference between the V and the IV is that the V is a drop in trans. with a warranty and the IV is a kit that you put in you existing trans.

On edit: I would talk to Mike L. or Joe at Suncoast about what converter choice would suit your needs the best.
'
does the sc 5 still take a long time as say a 4 or 3 to install? or would it be faster (thus saving money on labor)?

The Juice/Quad and Juice /PPE stacks both have the potential to get you in the 12's on fuel only.
:ro) :grd: very good. H/j or reg juice??

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
sc 5 takes less time since its already built. upgrading means tearing down and cleaning everything then installing the kit then installing back into the truck

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would recommend the ats tranny with copilot. You wouldnt be disappionted. That along with a tts xtreme should get you in the 12s.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I dont KNow where you are from but crankitupdiesel.com one of the vendors on this site is running a special on the complete rebiuld tranny with copilot for $3900 installed.they do a heck of a good job, I know from experience.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know where im from either then :lol: i thought it was somewhere around the 6k price range. I jus checked their webpage, i said that the stage 3 was 3900$

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Add 500+/- for a good shop to do R&R on an Allison. Probably be around 1000+/- to do the install of a SC III or IV. The kits will always end up being cheaper because a converter is included. You don't get a warranty with a kit though.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
rst off IMO suncoast is a good product. Warantee will still be covered on failures of the product and I would hope your installer would provide a warantee for his work. That said a stage 5 may be the best.

Now.....to get you into the 12's the cheapest possible consistently(I gather you want to do this cheap as possible and still keep the attitude?)

I would probably look first at stacking the quad with the juice since you are partial to that. Liftpump setup is needed. I would also look into raising your boost a pound or 2. Cheapest way would be a fixedbleed orfice or maybe reloacting your boost sensing line(do a search on crack pipe, there should be a few very lenghty posts, ask away though if you need any other help). Depending on your weight and your 60' times depends if you will make 12's consitently. For suspention you will need sleeves, shocks(ranchos are my preference for adjustability) and spring clamps for the rear at a min. This is hoping you have 285's at the biggest.

Now if your not in the 12's consistently(I am thinking that you will need to be lite and cut a good 60' to crack 12's) you would easily be in the 12's if you shoot a SMALL shot of N2O on top of it. Just a small single stage would get you there. Any questions on the N2O set up as away. You could peice together your own kit for cheap. Dont buy anyone elses "kit" since they are genneraly WAY overpriced.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what constitues a "lift pump setup"? I can raise the boost a LB or 2 with a boost stick, yea? I have SDsleeves..I didnt know i needed shocks and spring clamps.
Should i do all of theese supporting mods 1st, or should i get it done then worry about it?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
A lift pump takes the fuel coming from the pickup in the tank and sends it to the high pressure pump(CP3) at the motor.

Go to www.ttspowersystems.com and look at their lift-pump kit for the dmax. This is what I run, and I think it works really well. It is a dual pump kit, so when your not commanding a lot of fuel only one pump is running. It is activated by boost, so once you cross a certain boost reading the second pump kicks in. Everything you need to install the kit is included.

As Ratlover said, do a search for wastegate mods. A boost stick is a LLY mod not a LB7 mod. You will need to play with the wastegate on the LB7 charger.

Also the stock shocks suck pretty bad. So I second the vote for Ranchos, they will improve your 60's and the ride will be 100% better on the road as well.

Also do a search for spring clamps. These are clamps that you bolt on right in front of the back axle to prevent axle rap/wheel hop. You can make them for cheap.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
No sense going to the track with crappy suspention and 1/2 *** tuning it and then putting more suspention stuff under it and having to retune that. Put the suspention mods on it. Then we can give you some pointers were to start in terms of set up and launching and you can tune from there.

Also put the lift pumps o there

I would do all that before I even changed programing. Obviously trans needs to be first. Also I would look at picking up a hot juice used and selling your juice or upgrading yours. Hot juice is a stong runner on the street and lotsa fun. I duno if you need to have the hot program to stack? I would talk to one of the stacko's about weather hot is needed or if most stack on the 125HP setting?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it looks like transmission is next, when i get that done ill upgrade to the Hot juice...After that i get hood scoups. :ro) Then shocks/spring clamps. After that it would be lift pumps and a stack.

Anyone know where to get the tranny done in south florida? doesnt suncoast have a location in florida? if so where...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do You Think The Tourque Connverter Alone Is A Good Investment

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Suncoast is in Ft. Walton Beach.

I would do the mods in this order:

1. Shocks
2. Trans.
3. Lift Pump
4. Buy the Quad, or PPE(so you can be a stacko) I like that Philip.):h
5. Build some clamps

Now go to the track and see if your MPH warrants upgrading to the Hot Juice.(I think some run the reg. OJ with pretty good success, not sure)

6. Now do the scoop if you have dough left-over. Your in the drag-racing section remember.----->Performance before bling. Thats the rule):h

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ill be going to the track as soon as my foot heals and i get my edge back...see how well i can do with a stock alllly
Do they do the installs there at the suncoast place? or is that just a factory for them or something along those lines...
Should i really get the shocks first? do they make that much of a difference? what about sway bars...

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
they do the installs there.

As for the shocks, I can see the merit to going ahead and getting adjustable shocks. So much of fast ET is in your setup. You can have all the power needed to get into the 12s BUT if you don't get it to the ground properly you simply won't make it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.