Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that there have been alot of ?'s about train horns and such, and people's opinions on certain setups and all, so I figured we should make a thread and maybe it'll get stickied, so people will have a reference to look to when they are wanting some horns.

If you wanna post, please post a video so we can all hear what it sounds like and say what make horns / how many / ect....

So I'll start.

Here's my setup:

1 Grover StutterTone FireTruck Horn mounted behind front front bumper
Whelen Alpha Series Sirens - 100w speaker mounted behind grille.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a Whelen power air horn mounted to a whelen 100 watt speaker. i dont have a sound clip.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mad Maxx, You have too much air pressure going threw the air horn, try setting the air pressure to 115psi and tightening the screws on the back of the horn. I have the same Grover horn and it sounds much better after you do the changer, (deeper tone)

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have a nathan p3 mounted just in front of the fuel tank. i have a 460c viair compressor mounted inboard on the frame on pass. side and a 5 gal. tank sandwiched between frame and kick panels on pas. side. i have a 200 amp relay for the pump. i have pics but need to load them. need to work on my garage

·
Registered
103 Posts
How did you guys mount the Whelen speaker?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Great Thread! i hope this helps me pick the right horn kit.:cool:

·
Registered
861 Posts
How did you guys mount the Whelen speaker?

I mounted mine to my ranch hand. But you ban get a behind the grill speaker the will fit nicely behind your grill.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where's a good place to pick up a good train horn and how much?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I put together my own kit from various vendors on fleabay.

Mounted tank above the driveshaft, compressor in the frame rail and horns in front of the passenger reat tire. Each item is a tight fit, but they do fit.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have the Nathan K3LA one facing rear and two facing forward mounted in the spare tire location. York 210 compressor mounted on the engine and a SS 2 1/2 tank in from of the fuel tank.
Pics are in my garage but no sound clip as of yet.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I have a set of Hadleys, not as loud as train horns they but loud.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
K3LA here :D
Viair 480 and a 5gal tank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts