Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very confused where to install my new guages. Lets see some guage placement. thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wanted a somewhat "factory" appearance
so I went with a color-matched A-pillar
pod with Autometer Z-series guages since
they most closely match the stock dash
guage & needle color. Here's a link;

Guages

hth,

T.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lookin good guys, thanks. where did you buy your pillar (Terry) I really like the way that looks factory.thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ltrain said:
Lookin good guys, thanks. where did you buy your pillar (Terry) I really like the way that looks factory.thanks!
I purchased both the Autometer guage pod
and the Autometer guages from Summit Racing

The guage pod was black, but I had my friend
Wade (of Wade's Rod & Custom) color match
it with Dupont paint. If you search this
site, I'm sure you'll find the dupont paint
code for a GM Tan interior. If you can't
find it, let me know and I'll look it up
again....

good luck,

T.Edited by: Terry

·
Banned
394 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Here's what I did with my pyro meter. Installed it in the space where the cup holder used to be installed on the older models, but is now a useless storage slot. Cut the plastic plate using my wife's engraver and mounted it to the compartment with double stick tape (again from my wife's business).

Edited by: smshiver

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I used Dakota Digital and color matched the A pillar pod. I had difficulty deciding whether to try and match faces and needles with the dash or digital to match trans select, temp control and audio system. Now that the decision is behind me I'm glad I went with the digital as they are read much more quickly by my aged and failing eyes.

Plus, as resident "el cheapo" I was able to pick the Dakota Digitals up for $100 from another member in our For Sale Classified thread.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out this sick setup of mine!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks cool, but they might be easier for the
driver to read with some angle rings...

Angle Rings

hth,

T.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like that, who can make me one of those plates to fit a 3004 GMC? I am willing to pay ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Buy the plate from Eric and drill and paint it. Cost for the plate was about 8 bucks, IIRC, for the one I bought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's hard to see, but they are angled. I painted the white portion of the back of the guage black. I then put the guages in and pulled them toward my seat. So they are angled for the most part.

You'll notice that the boost is on the outside. I rarely look at it, and if I had it to do again, I would just put in a pyro with the newer Autometer mount to the stearing column.

I put in a lot of pyro guages, hardly any boost guages. Although it's kind of fun to watch the boost guage, most customers want just the minimum because of cost.

As for guages in the ceiling console, forget it. I'm never doing that again. Talk about time consuming, frustrating, etc. Edited by: MacGordon

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
dmaxallitech

www.gmdieseltech.com

He knows a great deal about these trucks. He works for a GMC dealer in grand rapids.... Service Tech.

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Here's a pic of mine, The kit was created by Tinbender in the Diesel Page era, Gauges are Dakota Digital

I'll have to look up receipts and get back with you on the total cost

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
They are. I have the same setup and the rectangular ones are no longer made.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts