Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Reg cab 3500 4x4 D/A with Plow Prep. Had 9' HT series Sno-Way w/down pressure, with a steel moldboard.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You miss it don't you?

·
Registered
74 Posts
All that white stuff gives me the shivers!! I LOVE my 2 week winters!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mav

I've got almost the identical plow. Mine is an Artic 8ft poly with the removable wings. Did your plow have a trip edge??? Mine does, so the wings don't have to have movement up and down when the plow wants to trip as per a moldboard trip style. How'd you like your plow??? I am going on my 3rd season with it and love it. Saves so much time, especially clean up. Gotta be careful when you get the heavy wet snow as the truck will definetely move it but, thats alot of snow and can't be too good for tranny or front suspension and steering components. Don't have any pics. maybe this winter i'll find the time and jump out of the warm cab and take one
Are you plowing this year at your new location???? Later Jeremy

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gradyghost said:
You miss it don't you?

Ya....I miss it. But it snows in WI too. The Sno-Way worked good but was a PITA to hook up. Pin holes to line up. Not a drive in and hook up style like everyone else has. If I put a plow on this truck it will be a Curtis.

Where are the plow truck pics?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
we had a curtis on one of our lot trucks we used to clear the lot with.. It worked just fine.......in warm weather, everytime it snowed it was broke,.. easy hook up but junk plow. We went to Western's ultra mount. easy hook and no problems..

Eric

·
Registered
183 Posts
Couple pics my truck

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nobull1..........thats a damn nice plow truck. Damn nice!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks Mav, serves many purposes,a few are hauling firewood to customers,hay,gravel,manure,cattle,pigs,chickens
also snowplowing,sanding,towing my excavator,tractor,supplies etc Oh almost forgot it's my daily driver too

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I need to get some pics of my truck with the 9'6" fisher V. Hopefully I will get lots of chances to get pics of it in action
Cumon snow!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is the picture of my Gray Work Truck. It's a 1986 Chevrolet K20 with a C6P Heavy Chassis Package on it (a 2500HD wanna be). I bought it used in 1994 (I believe I'm the 4th owner) after the 1975 K20 I was driving needed to be replaced (pretty rusty). I moved the 7 1/2 foot Western from the 1975 to the 1986 with very few modifications. I bought the plow used in 1984 after buying our home in the country. The guy I bought it from had it on a 1973 K20. It still works good for what I'm doing with it, which is basically my driveway and a few neighbors, plus occasionally the church or our road if it gets real bad. We use the K20 as our work truck, pushing snow and hauling firewood with it. I only use it in the winter and store it all summer (no need for another gas guzzler on the road). This keeps the new truck looking new and no one worries about a scratch or scrape on the old truck or getting in and out of it with dirty clothes on.
In the picture below, we are preparing to move an old "three holer" to the brush pile fire. It was a gift from a bunch of my friends in the Gold Wing Touring Association. You see the house in the background? When it was built I was fighting with the guy, because I didn't want it back there in the field behind my house, even though it was off to one side. One day while working in the barn, I had to take a whiz and after stepping out the back door, he called the sheriff. By the time the female deputy arrived, I was long gone and she had to talk to my wife. Long story short, my friends found out about the event and came to my rescue. I came home from vacation the following summer to find the "gift" behind the barn. Funny thing is that about 20 of them worked to move it about 60 miles from its original location, just to make the point that I needed a private place to pee.
Best part of the story is, the guy who originally built the house divorced about 18 months later and sold it. Now 10 years later, we've got a super nice family living there and we get along really good. He's helped me more times than I can count and we enjoy family camping together with them in the summer and our kids play together all the time too.

Using the Chevrolet Bulldozer

Flames engulf the old house
Edited by: LARSONEM

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=200></TD></TR></T></TABLE>Found this one on e-bay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts