Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 LLY stock. 24000 miles, 23 months old and I had to be towed in to the dealer 4 times. Twice for #7 injector and this time they cut the old injector off and used a crimp butt splice for the new one. I called the dealer and they said that is the GM fix. I said I want them or I am going to remove it, solder it and heat shrinkit. They said this will void the warranty repair. Another time glow plug circuit went out and ECM needed up grade, it ran but rough, chugged and service light on. Last week I drove 240 miles home unloaded all my stuff, shuffled my vehicles in the driveway and the truck died in the drive way blocking it for 4 hrs until the tow truck arrives. I tried pumping and bleeding fuel system, it just cranked. It still did not start when the tow truck came. 2 days later the dealer called and said the truck started and there was air in the system. They wanted to check it out further so 2 days later they said to come get it they can not find anything. Well after all the break downs my wife does not want to drive it. I talked to numerous "Managers" at the dealer and they feel for me and want to try to make it right for me. The dealer will take it back and give me a new one if I leave him a check for $16,000.00 ouch! Do you think this is a "Lemon Law" item or should I just get rid of it? Everything is documented through GM. One lawer says I probable have a case (does he just want my money) the other 2 did not return my call. In the long run is it what the head ache to pursue or just move on? Yes, we all work hard for our money, there is also your time too.

Thanks,

Allie

·
Registered
177 Posts
My understanding is CA lemon law lasts thru the 36 month warrantee. It is most effective if used in the 1st 18 months, but I still think you are well within the limits....

Up to you...

·
Registered
58 Posts
As I recall, in California, one facet of the lemon law is for a repeating problem. You must have 3 repeat visits for the same problem. So, if you persue this direction, my Attorney family member counseled me to make sure that I had the writer use the exact same description on the work order. My problem was something other than an LLY, and I solved mine w/out the lemon law. Good Luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't know the equptment you have on your truck ,but I bet the wholesale Kelly blue book is at least $27000.00 . the dealer is trying to screw you ,find another dealer ASAP .

:grd:

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
As I recall, in California, one facet of the lemon law is for a repeating problem. You must have 3 repeat visits for the same problem. So, if you persue this direction, my Attorney family member counseled me to make sure that I had the writer use the exact same description on the work order. My problem was something other than an LLY, and I solved mine w/out the lemon law. Good Luck!
This is similar in Texas as well. 3 repeat trips for the same problem and not repaired. There are other rules as well.

Do some research on Lemon Law for your state, print it all out and take it with you to the dealer. I did this with a previous truck, opened my folder with all the lemon law printouts right on top while I talked to the service manager.

Long story short..new tranny overnighted, I was out the next day.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Before calling it a lemon, find another dealer who takes pride in their work. Yes, they're damn hard to find and always have been.

Soldering is absolutely no reason for warranty to be voided as it's the best connection method out there. Some dealerships cry "voided warranty" because it's the easiest excuse.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I know lawyers are creepy and they make most people sic, if you can do some research on your own you maybe able to take care of the problem yourself through the lemon law. There is a site you can look up that helps you with legal matters. www.nolo.com

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used this guy http://www.brennanlaw.com/, and he got me a new truck afetr a thre eyear fight. But I turned in a 97 and got a 2000, for free, with a 5 year warranty. He didn't charge me a dime, he got 60K from the mfg. for jerking me around.

My second Lemon I did on my own, took it in three tiimes for the same problem, sent three certified letterd to the mfg,( all this was done within a week) they wanted one more chance to fix it, I sad sure, they called a month later and said oick out a new one.
They paid me for the tires and wheels I added, radio etc, and gave me full retail for the vehicle, but i had to pay full retail fo rthe new one.
You can do it on your own, it was easy. Send everything certified, and stress it's a safety issue.
here's the law in ca.
http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/california.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. After much bickering, I traded it in and got a '06. It cost me of course, but at least now it is water under the bridge and I have a truck that I can hopefully drive and not tow.

Allie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts