Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fueled up and left my truck idling ( I know shouldn't do that but its winter ) and went to drive away and , spit , sputter, cough , guess musta made air bubbles it cleared in 2 blocks. Won't do that agian.
Just wanted to share for a heads up.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I almost always fuel while idling and have not had a problem. I only notice fuel guage is a little slow coming up(will not read full for a few miles).

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Why would filling up while the truck is idleing make it do that. Most of the time i fill up while my truck is running and i have never had that problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also fill up while in idle only fuel guage real slow also.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have put 87,000 miles on my 02 and have NEVER shut it off while I was fueling. My gauge is slow, but so is my buddys Powerjoke. Just my $.02:ro)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ditto here never had a problem but takes my fuel gauge more than a few miles to catch up.....

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I always fuel running.. Never had any issues. Not sure what to tell you on that one.. Might have just made a few air bubbles, like you said, seep into the line and they passed through.. Let us know if it happens again...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Dont see why that would be a issue,filling up idling.I myself and every diesel i see do that.Yea guage does go to F very slow!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
:exactly: .........always leave running too. Takes a while for gauge to come up also. Never sputters though? Quit using that damn farm fuel. :p:

·
Registered
514 Posts
I almost always fuel while idling and have not had a problem. I only notice fuel guage is a little slow coming up(will not read full for a few miles).
Same here....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Same here always running....

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have always wanted to leave My truck running while fueling but the only thing that stops me is I am scared it will get stolen while I am inside paying for the fuel. Heh~Heh

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
I have always wanted to leave My truck running while fueling but the only thing that stops me is I am scared it will get stolen while I am inside paying for the fuel. Heh~Heh
ditto that!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I always keep a spare remote and key for that reason and lock it. But if they do want it bad enough the can always break out the window. Oh well, that'd give me a good reason to buy a new one. :eek::

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Here in New Jersey it is the law that your vehicle must be shut off while fueling up. Signs are near ever pump. Most places don't bother you if your vehicle is running, but I have one guy that alway's ask I turn off my truck. With gas I can see the potential problem, but with diesel I don't.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I Always Leave Mine Running And Never Had A Problem Most Places Want The Vehicle Off But Diesel Will Not Ignite Like Gas So There Is Nothing To Worry About

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Here in New Jersey it is the law that your vehicle must be shut off while fueling up. Signs are near every pump.
Same here, but no one has ever said anything.....

I use a split key ring, pop the remote off, lock and head inside. Yea, I am still vulnerable to smash and dash, but.....

Actually I am more concerned about my remote dying on me after that last lock and being stuck staring at my truck going :think:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey NJ I live in the communist state too all the diesel pumps around me are separated from the gas pumps and are under different regs as diesel has to be atomized like home heating fuel to combust and the only thing to spark a flame is static hense the tanks are far from reg gas. you must be in the northern part of NJ where diesel is hard to find. Southern NJ is easy to find as most farms are there. Only law to shut off all vehicals at stores or malls in NJ. Fumes!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts