Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received yesterday a set of new bumper lights.
They look awesome, but unfortunately, they don't work!

With lights off (bumper lights off), the turn signal blinks as hell, doing the same as if you get a blown bulb;
If I use a special relay, supposed to help when you use leds, it blinks, but all lights in the dashboard do at the same time :eek:
with bumper lights on, the turn lights (front and rear) stay on, stucked on, and even the turn arrows in the cluster stay on, same with with stock or special relay...

The vendor has not reply my question yet, and I doubt he will as he advertised the product supposed to be a plug and play replacement part...

Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Al.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Grounds all good?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As they are brand new, I didn't even think about testing them. Will do when I'll be back home after day work.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grounds on truck harness are OK

·
Registered
953 Posts
Can you give us a diagram or a photo or two?

* Without relay, it sounds like the blinker is not receiving enough current to work properly - same as if the light was disconnected and not drawing any power at all. That's why it's blinking fast.

* With the other two results, it sounds like you've got some kind of crossed wires, or perhaps it's drawing so much current that all your lights are dimming.

Anyway, diagram or photos?

Thanks,

Rob :)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be home in a few hours and I will pick some photos.

I forgot to mention that, I put back the stock bumper lights with bulbs and see that the driverside one is not functionning properly now :mad: :

with stock relay, the turn light is now hyper flashing;
with upgraded relay, the turn light works normal, but if I switch on bumper lights, only the small one in the marker light is blinking, the other one stay on and don't blink.
On passenger side, everything is normal.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Let us know what happens as I am looking for all led lights except headlights because I can't find anyone who makes them. If any one know of such lights let me know

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
953 Posts
Let us know what happens as I am looking for all led lights except headlights because I can't find anyone who makes them. If any one know of such lights let me know

Thanks
Ryan
Mr. Taillight- http://www.mrtaillight.com a vendor on this forum, has lots of options.

Sincerely,

Rob :)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They work! Awesome look :D :D :D

Here's what was wrong :

I saw that mostly the driver side lights were "crazy". So, I took the bumper light out and start investigating each wire with the tester, nothing...
Then, I go for "physical inspection" and took each wire, one by one and carefully visually inspect them. While doing this, one of the brown ones (+12V on bumper lights) broke in my hands.
I found one of the culprits :D

Then, I remember than yesterday, I tried with resistor loads :badidea:. When doing this, I heard strange grzzz noises coming from the flasher relay. I think the only thing to say about it now is R.I.P. :angel:
So, I put a new one, the one designed to work with leds lights (the EP29C from Tridon-STANT), and bingo!!! Everything is now perfectly working :D

I have now no more regular bulbs, except headlights (HID), all tail lights, 3rd brake, bumper lights and marker lights are full leds, and everything shines perfect.

Thanks for trying to help ;)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Post a picture of the lights in their glory, please.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, I will do that.
Just give me time (tomorrow), and I'll post several pics of these leds lights : tail, 3rd brake & bumpers ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
you have real hid headlights?

what did you use to convert them and how do you like them? im looking to do the hid head lights, looking for some advice on products/quality...etc

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's what promised

bumper lights on only
Bumper only.jpg

turn light while flashing
Flashing.jpg

brake lights on
Rear.jpg

you have real hid headlights?

what did you use to convert them and how do you like them? im looking to do the hid head lights, looking for some advice on products/quality...etc
Yes, these are true H.I.D.
I used conversion kit found on the auction site, with 4300°K H.I.D bulbs and 23 KiloVolts ballasts.
Very eazy to do, everything comes in the box, real plug and play.
If you are interested, I can PM you a link to the item. I bought several kit to this seller and always have satisfaction with them.

Low beam HID on
Low beam HID.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
The LEDs are very nice!

Do find the HID lighting better night driving (no addition driving lights)?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It looks real good

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That looks real good matuva! The entire truck looks great! Was it hard to find the flasher that works with LEDs? Ive been trying to find one for my 94 but cant come up with any thing..

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for compliments :D

Yes, driving the night with H.I.D. is a "night and day difference".

The flasher is an EP29C made by Tridon. You can find it easy using the search box at midwayautosupply.com ;)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Matuva,
Thats awesome! Looks great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts