Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our trucks what do you guys do with the drl circuit? When wiring in leds with separate drl bulb
2004 c4500 quad headlights

·
Registered
131 Posts

I used this when I upgraded my 2007 Classic to LED's

It lists the 4114 for the DRL but 3157 is compatible and that's what I used.

This is with the stock head light assembly though. I am not sure how you would wire it if switching to after market head lights. I would ask the manufacturer

I looked at the after market route but I am happy with the stock assembly and all LED's and this mod. Nice and bright at night with lows, highs and fog lights on at the same time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019JDFGEI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck is a 4500 kodiak
Not sure this will work for me
Also when high beams on all four are lit
All be it dim!!!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Pull fuse #15 inside cab fusebox....its for DRLs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you don’t use the drl circuit in the drl led headlights?

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Nope been running like that for 11+ years

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not certain I follow the suggestion to remove fuse. My truck is 2007 C5500. I recently replaced all 4 of the halogen sealed beam headlights with 4 after market LED sealed beam headlights. Now the DRL indicator is lit up (green) as usual, but the headlights do not provide DRL light. Are you saying if I remove the DRL fuse that I will then have DRL light from my LED sealed beam headlights?

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Sorry I may not have understood your post before. I have LED lights that DO NOT have the DRL feature. So they wont burnout running lower voltage ( so Im told) Just pulled the #15 fuse. On my dash the DRL indicator light is on showing they are lit but no power goes to lamps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that was my question what to do if replacements had separate drl circuit what to do?
I ended up replacing with reg led bulbs and running like stock headlights with drls On with headlight switch in off position
So we will see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts