Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer says I can not get a 6-sp manual with leather interior. Is this true?

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
I am pretty sure you cannot......but Ive been wrong before.

Leather is overrated......GM leather aint special.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They don't have the manual tranny anymore

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an 05. I bought an automatic. I was going to order a manual.In 05 I could get a 40/20/40 in leather but it is not heated. for 500 they would heat them. They might have changed it for 06 but that is how it was for 05.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
They don't have the manual tranny anymore
yes they do.

No, you cant get leather with the ZF-6 anymore because leather requires bucket seats IIRC. It used to be that you could get leather with the split bench....but not anymore.

--Ben

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
yes they do.

No, you cant get leather with the ZF-6 anymore because leather requires bucket seats IIRC. It used to be that you could get leather with the split bench....but not anymore.

--Ben
On Edit: Sorry for the brainfart. Correct me if I am wrong again. You can get the stick but it it the LLY and not the LBZ Correct? 75% of the so called leather on the seats isn't leather anyway.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I could not have fabric because of the dirt and grease my job deals with. So I went to the aftermarket for Katzkin leather seats. $900 for the crew cab installed. They also have heated seats.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yes, for 2006 if you get the manual, it comes with the LLY rated at 300hp/520 ft lbs torque...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I prefer cloth with seat covers, myself. I'm not real impressed with the vinyl/leather GM uses, but that's just me.

Trucks were made for workin', so mine sees some dirt. With good seat covers, you can pull them off once a year or so and give them a good machine wash and put 'em back on.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I prefer cloth with seat covers, myself. I'm not real impressed with the vinyl/leather GM uses, but that's just me.

QUOTE]

same here, just wish they were heated

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
If you are thinking about leather, get it done aftermarket, as it (with everything else) is WAY cheaper! 900 bucks for leather seats for a cc is one hell of a deal!!! too bad you cant get king ranch leather for that price!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You can get leather with a ZF. I thought about it, but for $900 or $1200 or whatever GM wanted, I figured I could do heated Katzkin for the same or less.

You can get every option on a ZF except the heated leather buckets RPO AN3, I believe, and the push button transfer case.

I personally like the cloth, but GM uses terrible upholstery. Anything you put on it leaves a mark. Katzkin will be making its way into my truck in the near future...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aftermarket leather it is then. Going to try the heated and ventilated leather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts