Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't have "the power" to post in "Do It Yourself" section, I put it here.

For those of us with leather seats, what do you use to clean & protect them?

I use Mequiar's One Step Leather Care.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I use Zaino's leather spray cleaner Z-9 and the leather in a bottle conditioner Z-10.

Bob

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Liquid saddle soap. I've been using it on the Jeep for three years and the seats look fine.

I figure if the regular saddle soap has taken care of all my horse tack all these years, it certainly ought to work for vehicle seats. The liquid variety is just easier to use on seats.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Zaino

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lexol leather cleaner and leather care are also very good. I use it on my saddle bags as well. The leather on the bags was stiff and dirty. After using lexol for a few weeks the leather became soft and pliable and water resistant as well.
I have been using lexol for about ten years. Lexol also makes quality vinyl cleaner and vinyl care as well. Keeping leather clean is most important. Don't use anything with alcohol/silicone base.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Where is Lexol sold?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And where is Zanio sold? I've not heard or seen these two products in my part of the country.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
motovet said:
Where is Lexol sold?

Where ever you might find horse tack should have Lexol products. Around here you can get them at the local IFA (Intermountain Farmers Association) stores, or even the local PetSmart store has an equine section with tack, feed, and care products.

·
Registered
817 Posts
You can buy Lexol from Eastwood IIRC. That's what I have used on this truck. I have used saddle soap as well, but not on a vehicle. I guess my brain didn't make that change over.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have used both Zaino leather seat cleaner followed by Zaino conditioner. It gives it almost a new car smell again. I also started using Blackfire cleaner followed by Zaino conditioner.

But--I am disappointed in the seats--and I keeping them very clean. On the drivers side seat--on the outer edge(door side)--the leather shows ugly crease marks. I am sure it is from getting out of the truck--but my 99 Tahoe never did that--I think the seats are cheaper today than the seats in the old body style.

I think there was a member who had his seats redone a local upholstery shop--at GM's expense. IT fixed the problem.

Anybody else notice those crease marks/lines.

Ron

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yep. Mine seem to absorb the blue from my jeans on the edge too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have this marks too (but on my wifes Avalanche). This is only on the drivers side on the outer edge - not nice to see. The truck is one year old. Can we do anything against it - hold GM responsible?
Regards
MK

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have those creases also on the drivers side. Is the Lexol keeping the seats soft for a while? I really like the results of the Zaino, but the softness goes away quick on the drivers side. Maybe this strain of leather doesn't hold REAL leather care products too well.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have the creases as well on the drivers side. Not much and the pass side, due to limited use. I do love the smell of freshly Zaino'd leather. Makes it seem like day 1 again!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It is clear from members who have the crease marks--that it is not for lack of care.

Several members use: Zainlo(my favorite)/Lexol..and still the seats have this problem in the one area.

I forgot to mention that I had a new body style 2000 6.0l that not only had it--they began to tear before the truck was traded in for the D/A. I thought it was me--but after seeing those crease lines in the first week after owning this truck--it is clearly the seats. I think one of the moderators--Mackin-- had a tear because of the seat belt wearing against the seat in the same area.

I may sound picky here--but leather seats are suppose to me more durable--not look like they are several years old in the first week.

The fix is to put better leather on--but who is going to pay. I guess this is up to how well you can negotiate/complain at the dealer.

I am open to any suggetions.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not too much blue jean residue on my seat since getting step bars and using them to keep from sliding on/off the edge of the seat when getting in/out of my 4x4.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
X

Where the hell you been,

Geno------- The Uni Cop

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Guess I’m being a bit redundant here…….Zaino

1 - 20 of 26 Posts