Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000 miles and I can see keeping these front seats looking good is gonna be a battle. I'm looking for a cleaner/conditioner that will keep them looking good and not make them greasy or shiny. :help2:

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I use good old saddle soap on mine. Not greasy or slimy, looks good when I'm done also.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Here I did it for ya.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I use Lexol which is a spray , it works good, quick and easy.;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Anyone use those mequiars Rich leather wipes?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try the Zaino, used the cleaner & conditioner, smelled like new! Love those Zaino products!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Try the Zaino, used the cleaner & conditioner, smelled like new! Love those Zaino products!
Didn't know they made stuff for leather seats, love their wax though ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Anyone use those mequiars Rich leather wipes?
I do. They are kind of greasy and shiny unless you rub it in really well.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I do. They are kind of greasy and shiny unless you rub it in really well.
Ditto. I have no use for the stuff at all, and the wipes are a PITA, IMO. Of the stuff I've used, Mother's leather cleaner spray, followed by conditioner spray has given me the best results. Bought my truck used, so the driver's seat was already cracking. I can't say anything I've tried has made it look any better than when I bought it. Haven't used Lexol yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, I've used the meguiar's leather wipes before. I agree that they are a little glossier than I prefer, but they're quick and easy to use...don't smell too bad either :rolleyes:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I use the mequiars leather products with great results. Not the wipes just the bottle products.

I've had several trucks with leather and not a single problem with cracking. I would recommend any of their products.

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I use the Zaino too, Love It!!

I deep clean my seats with pilkington citris wipes that I get from my glass guy buddy, then I use the Zaino Cleaner, I finish it up with Zaino contioner. When I'm done, the seats look better than when they were new.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Zaino Products

I have used the Zaino product range and find them to be the best overall product line. A little more expensive, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The good thing about the Lexol is that it is done in two steps. One bottle is a cleaner and one is a conditioner. I have never understood how the one step cleaner/conditioners could work, if you are cleaning all the dirt off then how are you leaving any the conditioner on....and you are leaving some conditioner on the how could you be getting off all the dirt? It just seems to me that all they are doing is grinding the dirt into the leather with the new conditioner.

I know I took some lexol cleaner and cleaned some seats that I used a combo cleaner/conditioner on for a long time, and it took me probably 3-4 applications before I stopped getting a filthy rag....and with the combo the rag used to never be dirty. You could easily see a difference in the color of the seat, too. Looked much more like when it was new.

There may be some other two step cleaner conditioners out there other than Lexol that may be good too. But I would stay away from the one step stuff.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I guess I'll add my rant to this.

Why do used car dealerships use the shiny stuff on the leather interiors?

My parents bought a used taurus wagon about 6 years ago. The dealer used the shiny stuff on the seats. To this day, the seats have that extra shine to them.

I test drove a truck a couple weeks back. Leather seats, same slippery stuff applied to them. I swear if it wasn't for the seat belt and the door, I would have slid out of my seat onto the road in the first turn.

Why do they use this stuff? :rant:

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I guess I'll add my rant to this.

Why do they use this stuff? :rant:
Because it's both quick and cheap! I'll wager the one where you were sliding around was just hosed down with Armor-All and toweled off.-:t

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I tried them all...lexol,zaino etc. Nothing comes close to this stuff:

http://www.leatherique.com/

It is the only thing that I have found that slows down the tearing of the drivers side seat. The passenger side seat is as good as new.

After that I am buying Katzkins and using Leatherique from the get go.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts