Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the tow haul taps different that the standard taps?

Why do I ask?

I am wondering would it be possible to have the Trans learn 90 hp on regular and 120 on Tow haul?
So you could switch on the fly power levels???

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
that is a good question so when you change power levels the trans would be ready for it never thought of that before

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It seems to work on mine. I drive on the 80 setting in reg. mode. When I need the Xtreme I switch to tow-haul. It seems like it shifts pretty good, even on the first run.

Off Topic: Good Lord DIESELMAN you already have 1100 posts! That's got to be a record, for the quickest to 1000.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
No kidding...

And I thought I was a post whore... :D

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It seems to work on mine. I drive on the 80 setting in reg. mode. When I need the Xtreme I switch to tow-haul. It seems like it shifts pretty good, even on the first run.

Off Topic: Good Lord DIESELMAN you already have 1100 posts! That's got to be a record, for the quickest to 1000.
so it does work then that is good to know. i thought it would because they both learn separately from one another

i'm just on here a lot, and with highspeed internet you can cover a lot of ground pretty fast

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12-30 join date... Holly Molly

I have hi-speed too, it isn't that, you must not be doing anything at work! :lol:

That settles it, I';m trying it...Next concern.. should we be racing in tow haul? We may be running out of the power curve? Well at lease I may be....

Any one see 1/4 mile time slip differences?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
One thing I try to do is only run WOT in tow-haul. I forgot once to switch it back after I went to the 80 setting, and the next run was total crap.

Also I click out of tow haul right after the run. So it doesn't even get to downshift in tow-haul.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yikes

i joined about the same time ...late dec.This is my second post.It,s better to sit back and learn i believe.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Shhhhhh

You talk to much raydzi

:)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Yaz, if you get your tranny to learn the full power shifts really well in tow-haul you can't beat it IMO. I don't have any slips to show that it is quicker than reg. mode, but it feels faster to me.

You shouldn't have to worry about running out of your power curve.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far so good. I tried it and it seams to have learned the Highest setting in Tow haul and didn't forget it. I have to get out and try the difference from stock in the regular mode and Extreme in Tow/haul. Bullydog has the switch on the fly with the box in the OBII port or the Outlook so it easy form me to switch back and forth... It's too easy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts