Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have a 2019 with 20,000 kms (12,500 miles) on the odometer. While doing a wheel rotation I noticed that the left hand back side of the rear differential was covered in black oily dirt.

I couldn't determine exactly where the leak or seepage was coming from, although it appeared to be maybe from the top left, looking from the back. I checked bolt tightness, all OK, so I washed the casing and will start monitoring it for resumption of seepage. No point in going to the dealer until I can be a bit more specific.

While I wait though, I thought I would ask who else has had this issue and what was the cause? Highly unlikely that mine is the only 2019 with the problem.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys - I can hardly believe it. Four days with no comments. Am I REALLY the ONLY 2019 owner with a leaky rear diff ??? Maybe I have to start believing that it's a "one off".

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have a 2019 with 20,000 kms (12,500 miles) on the odometer. While doing a wheel rotation I noticed that the left hand back side of the rear differential was covered in black oily dirt.
Your service department will most likely call that it's not a leak. GM long time ago has change there policy on moisture, they say it's not a leak. It's not a leak until it's a visible oil leak.
Long time ago I had moisture around my lower oil pan and they weren't going to fix it then but I told them if there moisture there's a leak.
They fixed it but I doubt they would now.
Take it in and be persistent and good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Also I highly doubt you will find someone else have this leak being so new of vehical.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have a 2019 leaking around where the plugs are pressed into the houseing. My dealer is starting the paper work to get it replaced. They say should know something by midweek

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the update. I'm heading out of town for a few weeks, but I'm planning to pursue the problem when I get back in late September.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts