Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to dealer today, i have this clunking-or like a plastic 2 liter being pushed in and then popping back out sound. it happens when i turn onto a sharp swell driveway. mechanic got out of my truck and said its the leaf springs? because i have a 2" lift, they would not warranty springs. plus i have airbags. anyone had this issue before of leaf spring making popping noise?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, they tried to lube mine. Which didnt do anything. It was the only drivers side on mine. Anyway noticed at the front of my springs was where they were moving side to side an digging in to each other. So I went to autozone and saw a u bolt kit for "lifted or lowered" truck and it fit our springs perfect. Tighted it down really tight and painted it black. It completely got rid of it, and mine so so bad at one point I could shake the bed side to side and it would make the clunk. All for 13 bucks.......You might give it a try....sounds like your problem is the same.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also check to see if you are missing the round plastic things that fit on the overload springs. That keeps the springs from banging into the overloads. I have had them fall off in the past.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts