Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM bought my Dads 05 LLY back(overheater) and he picked up his LBZ last week.What a screamer,we tow Snowmobiles to Cooke City Mt every weekend,it will hold 6th gear much longer on grades than the LLY would 5th.Very impressive,he got 18 mpg at75 mph from Idaho to Powell Wyoming.I'll get a picture up.It's a SB Crewcab 4x4 in white.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! on your dad's new truck. Congrat's! Now then; WHERE'S THE PIC'S???Truck on!!!

·
Registered
550 Posts
congrats on the new truck!!! Tried to get GM to buy back my new LBZ but no luck. would like to know how some people are getting such good fuel mileage, mines only getting 14.3 mpg. SUCKS!!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
How did he get GM to buy it back?

I hired an attorney, spent losts of $$$, and appeared to be headed for 6 months of ligation.

I didn't have deep enough pockets to keep up the fight and needed a truck, so I sold mine back to the dealer for a big loss.

Did you get all of your money back?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lemon law/Better Bus .Bureau.Multiple dealer trips for overheating.They put a Vehicle Data recorder on it and towed 11,000lbs up the Mountain and it overheated at 60 degrees out.The Dealer had two other trucks doing the same thing,the put the recorder on one of those at it did it on the same pass at 39 degrees out.GM bought all three back,my Dad had it on a Cam Corder overheating twice and a repair order that said they called GM engineers and there was no fix.GM offered before the BBB got involved,they just boosted it along.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
GMC is doing the same with my 05. Took lots of documentation of the overheat problems. Dealer could never duplicate the problem as they were un willing to drive 75 miles to a good grade. Never did put the data logger on my turck. However pictures of the DIC warings for trans temp and coolant temp were a big help. Day of BBB arbitration GMC called and made an offer to trade it for an 06 LBZ. This was all under TN lemon law.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
How did he get GM to buy it back?

I hired an attorney, spent losts of $$$, and appeared to be headed for 6 months of ligation.

I didn't have deep enough pockets to keep up the fight and needed a truck, so I sold mine back to the dealer for a big loss.

Did you get all of your money back?

Thanks

Laws are different state to state.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
congrats on the new truck!!! Tried to get GM to buy back my new LBZ but no luck. would like to know how some people are getting such good fuel mileage, mines only getting 14.3 mpg. SUCKS!!!!!

I am getting 15.5 around town running empty. Is your 14.3 hand calculated or DIC?

Also you have to drive these things so easy to get higher mileage, I cant do it, drives me crazy trying to drive that easy.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
IAlso you have to drive these things so easy to get higher mileage, I cant do it, drives me crazy trying to drive that easy.
:funnypost 1 owner, Female driven ):h

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
that is great that they bought your trucks back. i bet GM will just put them back on the lot and sell them to some other unlucky customer J/K

·
Registered
448 Posts
like Ford and their dealers did with all the '03's and early '04's they bought back?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
like Ford and their dealers did with all the '03's and early '04's they bought back?
they must have bought a lot of trucks back :lol:

·
Registered
448 Posts
yes they did! :exactly:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What do they do with them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts