·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 LBZ:

4" MBRP Turbo Back with Power Pup on "Performance"...4x4 Dually Crew Cab

2005 LLY:

4" MBRP Turbo Back with Edge on Level 3...4x4 2500 Crew Cab 6" Lift

From a stop I could easily take him by 3-4 Truck lenghts we tried in 2WX and 4x4, bosted launches around 2K...

BUT from a roll on at 30, he would kick my butt 5-6 Lenght everytime...I can't figure it out...His truck seems to Spool up SO much faster than mine, like a Gasser..He just went...I even tried doing it in Manual Mode, but it didn't help any...

The turbo lag on the LBZ his HORRID w/ the CAT, but I have noticed a huge gain since I lost it...The only thing I can think of is that he has his EGR blocked?

What can I do to get faster Spool Ups? Has anyone else raced a LLY yet? Has anyone with a LLY drove a LBZ? Can you tell a difference?

Will the EGR Block Plate make that much of a difference? I am stumped...

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I have noticed my truck seems to be much more responsive if you roll into the throttle rather than pinning it to the floor. I don't know how you were doing it, but perhaps your technique is what is causing the problem.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
also, the (old) LLY and LBZ turbos are different...McRat tested a LBZ turbo in his LLY and said it spooled up noticibly quicker.

--Ben

·
Registered
672 Posts
think its cause of the new 'variable geometry' turbo.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How hard is it to swap a LBZ turbo into a LLY? We just bought a LBZ for the shop and the turbo is SWEET sounding!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
How hard is it to swap a LBZ turbo into a LLY? We just bought a LBZ for the shop and the turbo is SWEET sounding!

Mcrat said it isn't worth it at all. From my experience of installing one turbo in my life.....go big or go home. It is a decent sized job that you would not want to spend a day on for little or no gain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.