Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finely after a year a race worth posting about. I was go east on the I-8 when what comes up behind me, but a new Ford. Normally I drive 65 but I could let this chance pass me up. So I went up the 70 and got in the fast lane in front of the PS. The car in front of me pulls into the slow lane and slows down I guess the PS just couldn't stand to fallow the GMC and goes to pass. He gets up besides me I get on it a little he looks at me sees my sh*t eating grin and where off. I pull on him until 90 when we hit traffic and he is just behind me by now and falls in line. We stay that way till we come to a ~6% grade and traffic breaks. He gets in the next lane and nails it, so do I. He was about at my rear bumper when I took off and he is about 1.5 trucks behind me when I hit 95. Now I'm screwed slowly he gains on me until he gets his bumper about 2' in front of mine and we slow for traffic. We never got a chance to run again, but I did see his truck was from TX so his truck was broke in.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Wow that's cool. Forgive me for asking; he had a 2' lead on you at 95 because of the speed limiter??
I'm just curious. It seems like you really ruined his day :p Good job. :)

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya after I hit 95 I knew my lead wouldn't last long since most Ford are governed at 110. That’s why I nailed right way and didn't let him get up beside me.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Damn that would have really hurt 'em if you kept on pulling.
I wish i could have seen his face; having the 'newest' and 'best' and getting ran down with a 'inferior' truck :p

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I dont mean your truck's inferior at all - I just meant there's been so much press that the new ford is going to be a beast.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol no offence taken

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
dozerboy;1585422; said:
Ya after I hit 95 I knew my lead wouldn't last long since most Ford are governed at 110. That’s why I nailed right way and didn't let him get up beside me.
Way to go! Handing it to the new furd. :D
Hey DozerBoy, was your truck stock powertrain wise? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep I stock, and probably have a good bit a weight on him.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
dozerboy;1585422; said:
both the fords we had were limited at 93. did they up it since 2001?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
they do wiegh more. Not to take anything away from your kill though. Nice job.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He was pulling on me and I was at 95 slowly, but my speedo read a little fast though. I would think I weight more there is a good 600lbs. of tools and work crap in my bed alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.