Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my '02 8.1 and will pick up a new '07 Chevy CC, 4X4 Dooley Classic Monday. I do all of my own maintenance work, but I have no clue about a diesel. Have any of you diesel folks put together a service chart that you would be willing to share? And what about your personal service preferences and "tricks"? In general, any recommendations for someone coming over from a long history of big block gassers? By the way, I like the guy who said that the LBZ trucks are hybrids — they burn diesel and they burn rubber! As an old hot rodder, I can identify with that!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Moose. As you can tell, I have not been around this forum much — never bothered to look way down there at the bottom!

·
Registered
45 Posts
enahs;1596411; said:
Thanks Moose. As you can tell, I have not been around this forum much — never bothered to look way down there at the bottom!
No worries. Hope you find this site as helpful as I have. I am just beginning to learn how expensive this habit can be...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Use the manual.

One thing not in there...Allison says to change the spin on filter at 5000, GM does not mention it. Easy to do and much cheaper to get the filter from Allison....$37 vs $8.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OldSoldier;1596971; said:
Use the manual.

One thing not in there...Allison says to change the spin on filter at 5000, GM does not mention it. Easy to do and much cheaper to get the filter from Allison....$37 vs $8.
I agree!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts