Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 with 204k miles. During the winter months it’s been great to turn the seat warmers on for myself and my wife when I warm up the truck. this only happens during cold starts when I start the engine, and turn both seat warmers on. if I turn the back/seat heater on it just instantly shuts off. For passenger and driver. I hear a click coming from the footwell/bottom of drivers seat area and they won’t stay on. If I wait about 30 seconds and turn them both on they stay on just fine and I don’t have any issues.

Weird part is, if I turn the engine on while the truck is cold and turn both back only warmers on, they stay on no problem. The only issue is with the back/seat warmers.

Anyone got any ideas? I’m going to replace the relay and see if that works.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
It ain't the relay. The module for seat warming tests the circuit for each heat element, 2 backs and 2 bottoms, when they are activated. You've got an element failing. Test the resistance of each of the four elements. Which ever one is poor will have a different resistance. Usually, the driver's bottom.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I’ll look into that, that sounds like a good place to start

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You know what, I wonder if the heating element takes a minimum amount of voltage to turn on …. As long as I can remember when I fired up the motor, the charging system reads really low… until it gets warmer and then it’s fine. I’ll look into this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts