1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Michigan, Saturday I started my truck, let run 1/2 hour, it was
12 degrees. Started out, ran real bad, no power, check engine light
came on, drove a few miles it ran worst. It would not go over
25 MPH. on the way home, I stopped at a red light. when the light turned green the truck took off and ran great. Like someone threw
a switch. I thought is was gelled fuel, put an additive in the tank.
light was still on and the cruise did not work.

I took it to the dealer today, it was 2 derees today, ran great, they changed the fuel filter it was down to 17%. But the dealer called GM THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG. It had 4 codes po101, po106, po700 and po299
Gm has a bullitin on this problem, bullitin 02-00-89-002f
The dealer has to fill out a report for this problem. Dealer says GM
is looking into this problem, mine was the second truck with this
problem. dealer says to watch it and if I have more trouble to bring it
back. IS MY TRUCK DEPENDABLE???????

HAS ANYONE ELISE HAD THIS PROBLEM.
WHAT IS THE CODES AND BULLITIN???

VERY CONFUSED.
JIM IN MICHIGAN :smashfrea

·
Registered
142 Posts
the codes you are replying to come when you use the heater cord ill bet you pluged her in

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never plugged in

I bought the truck 1 year ago, It has NEVER been plugged in.

I don't even know where the cord is, I know it has one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
have you looked up thouse codes on the main page there is a program for that try it if you havent some one will help hang in bro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not look up codes, didn't know I could

I did not look up the codes, I would like to.

didn't know I could

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
you are intering the wrong codes it is p then numbers zeros not ooooooooo hope this helps the code should look like this p0700 not po700

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it worked but what does it mean
p0101 mast air flow sensor performance
p01016 manifold absolute pressure sensor performance
p0299 turbocharger underboost
p0700 transmission control module

What does all of that mean??? I have no idea??

what is bullitin 02-00-89-002f ?????

·
Registered
142 Posts
some one stated that snow can get into the air breather somehow sounds like a bad air filter and limped the trany

·
Registered
40 Posts
LBZ What P.O.S.

11000 miles,
Glow plugs reflashed,
3 tranny lines replaced/dealer scratches door, dealer says how do we know it didn't happen in the parking lot ?
Dealer is ordering me a new rear drivers door factory seem not welded for 16 inches at back of door.
The rental car blows motor on the way home!
3 fuel filters /stanadyne every tank,last tank 10 gal of #1 ,20 gal #2 ,1full quart 911.
map codes, tranny codes, 25 mph home 2 days in a row !!! Dealer says shut it off turn on limp will go away = my ***!
Fiter 4 today will see what tomorow brings
Dealer says map codes are because of #2 fuel plugging filter[gell] says i should have #1
talked used truck manager , he says they have to fix same thing 3 times before they get gm in on it. ps. for buy back-- maybe???
Boss, Me, and two guys at work, same truck same codes
Dealer tells me alli warranty void if i put 265,,,,,,,s on 2500 hd.
Tires probably not gonna happen with the price of fuel, filters, stanadyne,911/lot of bs expense trying to get fuel through 140.00 worth of filters NO GELL IN ANY OF THEM/ that i coul see
Should have an 8.1 could have saved 6 to 8 k ,too bad theres an alli behind it might limp me again.
Been drivin a max for 7 years at work injectors only issue!
ps 06 2500hd steering column sounds like its going to rattle right off truck

·
Registered
102 Posts
IBSWAMPY;1578923; said:
it worked but what does it mean
p0101 mast air flow sensor performance
p01016 manifold absolute pressure sensor performance
p0299 turbocharger underboost
p0700 transmission control module

What does all of that mean??? I have no idea??

what is bullitin 02-00-89-002f ?????
From what you describe, It is possible that moisture got into your air filter and froze.
The 06 Duramax has new design filter and airbox. I have heard about some issues with snow or ice plugging the air filter.
The codes indicate that you had a lack of air getting into the engine.
The 700 code indicates that the trans was in limp home mode because the P0106 was set.
The bulletin tells the service department to contact engineering so they can take a look at the complaint and repair information.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My truck sat in the driveway for over a week, I only drove it once in
over 2 weeks. maybe it was snow and ice??
It had a lot of snow sitting on the hood and windshield.
it was facing north.
It would be nice to know for sure what the problem was?????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much mgmerlin, I think you are right, sure seems right to me.
Dealer had another truck in for the same problem. and didn't find a smoking gun either. My turck is running fine now, but I hope GM comes up with a
fix. cold and snowy weather is no time for problems like that.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
My darn truck has done the same thing everyday this week every day. Everday after work I go to the stealer w/ code i think p801 (i cant remember the number). I know he said low rail pressure. They attribute the code to thick fuel and no lift pump on the frame rail but have absolutly no fix. My truck acted exactly like yours except for today thursday, plenty of power ran fine but threw a code. I put a whole bottle of power service in it (white)(which supposedly treats 300 gal) howes, and diesel 911 in the tank. I have even put 11 gal of kerosene in the tank to thin it out (which the stealer told me to do) and no help. Dealer doesnt knwo what to do. Im really starting to get pissed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Talked to Forest Lake Dodge in MN. today to see if they are having filter issues!
Servicve rep said [ two ] all winter !!! out of towners with wrong fuel

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go easy with the 911...it's not meant to be a regular additive, just an emergency fix.

Power service makes 2 products called Arctic express, one specifically for bio diesel. Whoever sells you the 911 can get it.

granite, noticed you are from MN. Are they still putting bio in all the diesel there?

·
Registered
40 Posts
granite, noticed you are from MN. Are they still putting bio in all the diesel there?
always wanted to try it ,but its nowwhere around me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts