1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
There must be a newer version than mine...because mine does not add boost. I still see around 24psi.

On 2nd thought, I just checked their site and there has not been a revision since last August. I have that version.

Any better information?
ac

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what I posted from the their website forum. I asked about boost gains similar to the LLY version and they said the LBZ version did it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have mine updated to the latest release and it doesn't add boost.
I sure wish it did.
Also wondering when they will get the EGR turn off function working.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have the latest posted *crom:

Predator UpdatesLast UpdateRevisionFileRelease 1608-19-06r16u7186_dmx_lly_lbz-1r16.crom (crom) 634k

and it Does NOT add boost (if it does, it may add boost sooner, but not more total boost).

Can you post asking if there is a newer one not posted, or if they are lying about added boost?

RockRig;1582388; said:
I've just received this response to my question on the diablosport forum:

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=649#649

I guess, the latest versions add boost :ro)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have posted up a follow up question on the diablo forum. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you read down, the predator guy says that the lbz does not add boost, but maybe 1 psi

·
Registered
228 Posts
Side note just got a reply about the egr and there is not a set date for the egr disable but some time this year... if that helps anyone...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
leathal02;1582993; said:
If you read down, the predator guy says that the lbz does not add boost, but maybe 1 psi

Yes that's true, since I posted up a follow up question based on Leadfoot's post in this thread and they answered it :rolleyes:

NO BOOST on LBZ predator.

·
Banned
720 Posts
i bought a used preditor for my lbz will it add boost or will i have to go to the web site and download a update using the cable that comes with the tuner ????????

·
Banned
720 Posts
oh forgot does the preditor add more rpms i have heard of some tuners raiseing the rev limits i know it rasies the speed limiter but courious about the revs would like to see maybe 4300 rpms

·
Registered
125 Posts
the predator allows to change the size of your tires, max mph, and if you change your rear end ratio, different Hp levels and live monitoring of quite a few different things. It does not increase boost(which I hope JK is working on a boost stick now) and it does not raise the rpm "redline".

jon

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
leathal02;1586550; said:
the predator allows to change the size of your tires, max mph, and if you change your rear end ratio, different Hp levels and live monitoring of quite a few different things. It does not increase boost(which I hope JK is working on a boost stick now) and it does not raise the rpm "redline".

jon

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
catch03;1586821; said:
will my preditor raise the boost on my lbz ??i bought a used one for the lbz

No boost, No balance check, No egr, and No code clearing as advertised. Mine went back as it also did nothing as far as MPG increases like the say also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For those who didn't go over the the diablosport forum and read the thread.... here's a recap: I posted a follow up question and the moderator said "No, the lbz version doesn't add boost".

That really bites, IMO. The LLY predator has a ton of great features, and at this point -> I doubt those features will ever make it into the LBZ predator.

·
Banned
720 Posts
well that really blows i guess i will try this one and will buy the ppe hot +2 next i guess that will be next month when i get more food stamps spent them all allready this month !!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boost will never be added to the LBZ Predator tunes! :banghead:

No Boost.
No Balance test.

Here's the response I got to my follow-up questions on the Diablosport forum:

Post subject: RE: follow up to previous LBZ predator questions... Posted: Feb 13, 2007 - 08:46 AM

Well we are working on the EGR block feature, and the clearing of dtc's will be in the next revision.

As far as more boost is concerned we are not planning on altering the tunes for that as the current tunes have been out for about a year with no complaints with performance or drive ability.

The balance test is a special feature in Tech2 and will not be supported in this Predator.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do I edit the title of the thread? I need it to say: LBZ Predator will NEVER add boost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts