Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the Diesel Page, and have a dumb question. Just bought a 2007 2500HD classic CC. From what ive read, i must have the LBZ Whats the difference between the two?? Did i make a good choice or should i have waited? Got a heck of deal on the 2500 HD classic tho........Thanks for any helps.........:)

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think you meant lbz not lby.You have a third generation truck from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
You have the LBZ, the LMM is for the new body style GMT 900. The LMM has more air pollution stuff, the LBZ doesn't.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meant LBZ, but fatfingered LBY........ thanks for the correction

·
Registered
924 Posts
hoserwv;1593545; said:
Meant LBZ, but fatfingered LBY........ thanks for the correction
yup fer sure lbz better then the lmm anyhow.my guess any how.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
maxy;1593584; said:
yup fer sure lbz better then the lmm anyhow.
Can you give me the give the reason you say that? I was wondering the advantages, the differences. :eek:

Does the LBZ have more HP, Torque better efficiency? I cannot seem to find enough info out on the LMM yet to base and educated decision, and based on your recent post I cannot believe that you have a clue either.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I like the lbz for fact that all that pollution stuff aint on the lbz like the lby.As far as power ,ive never driven one yet.I was told by my mechanix the exhaust is gonna be a kileer 500 degree out the tail pipe.There are also some issuse with some lmm trucks catching fire for some reason.Im still in the learning mode too.Input .The only stuff i know about the duramax is from what i learn here and its good and bad stuff.As far as an educated answer i give my opinion of what ive delt with and not delt with.There are a lot of educated folks here that know more then me and always will.I dont work on my own truck at all .It goes to my mechanix.So their fore i will learn much being on here i hope .Ive picked up on a lot of good stuff already here.But i will go drive the lmm when we get one at the stealership to justify my thoughts.I would think the bugs have to be worked out before i buy a new motored truck.Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Maxy; 500* at exhaust exit????? Is this an idle temp? :eek:

Hoserwv; If you have the "classic" then you have the LBZ. I love mine and the deciding factor for me was body style, I bought the '07 classic(LBZ) vs. the '07 new style (LMM) based soly on body style. Actually just got lucky on the emissions(sp) crap thought the '07 LBZ would have it but it dosen't...:D
-If you like to mod and work on things your self then LBZ hands down.. less plugs and sensors= fun for do-it-yourselfer.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tdusseau;1594532; said:
Maxy; 500* at exhaust exit????? Is this an idle temp? :eek:

Hoserwv; If you have the "classic" then you have the LBZ. I love mine and the deciding factor for me was body style, I bought the '07 classic(LBZ) vs. the '07 new style (LMM) based soly on body style. Actually just got lucky on the emissions(sp) crap thought the '07 LBZ would have it but it dosen't...:D
-If you like to mod and work on things your self then LBZ hands down.. less plugs and sensors= fun for do-it-yourselfer.
Quote from him was hot hot hot.I pretty sure he said 500* at the tip.Im only repeating from what he said.Not sure if idle or moving.

·
Registered
255 Posts
maxy;1593672; said:
I like the lbz for fact that all that pollution stuff aint on the lbz like the lby.
"LBY" thats twice you said that. Do a little more research there is no LBY duramax....

·
Registered
924 Posts
bruins499;1594866; said:
"LBY" thats twice you said that. Do a little more research there is no LBY duramax....
I meant lmm still cant get use to the Lmm.Sorry.Dont know where the lby came from.I trying to get lb7 not lby.To many lmm lb7 lbz lly.To many L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts