Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just taken del. of my LBZ what a wonderful truck,everyone i take for a ride first thing they say is "wow",ive had the truck for 6 days,760 miles on her,mileage is 14.5 hand calc.only dislike so far: drivers mirror keeps creeping aft as i go down the road,when i get chance maybe i see if i can tighten it up,does any body know if 285/75/16 will fit on this truck,not crazy about the small tires,all things considered its every i had hoped for i really like it.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Read the rims and tires threads, I just bought a GMC
I didn't like the tires on it, dealer is changing, (for a price)
to michlins 265 will fit on stock rims, 285 should have wider rims.
what is what I think.
I will pick up my truck in about 2 days

Ext cab, long bed, 2wd

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
285 no problem just crank the t-bars a few turn and you will be good to go and dont let anyone tell you that 285 wont work with the stock rims they work fine and have no wear issues that i have seen

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have cranked up the torsion bars and have 285's on my truck and there are no problems.:cool2:

·
Registered
390 Posts
285'S on stock rims will make the centers of the tires wear out sooner. Have had 2 sets of tires and the centers have both worn out long before the outer tread. Not a big deal, but the looks far off set the wear issues you'll have. As far as clearance you will have no issues.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
285'S on stock rims will make the centers of the tires wear out sooner. Have had 2 sets of tires and the centers have both worn out long before the outer tread. Not a big deal, but the looks far off set the wear issues you'll have. As far as clearance you will have no issues.
i have never had that problem and i have ran 295 on my truck and that has never been a problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am sure this has been covered elsewhere but I'll ask anyway. When you crank up the T-bars does it affect the alignment? If so, How much can you adjust before alignment is needed? And did you notice any significant power loss due to the larger tires. I am trying to decide between 265's and 285's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I cranked mine up about 8 turns and when I took it in to get it aligned the guy was surprised at how much it was off. I only hoave 265's and I think they look small. JMO. Not sure about power loss since I took the tires and wheels off the truck I traded in and had them put them on my new one.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
You are running too much air pressure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
2006 Lbz 5000miles Runn'en 285 / 75 / R 16's Factory Rims No Prob. Cranked T Bars 4 Times To Level Truck Out. No Alignment Probs. Goodluck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts