Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my high Idle on my lly witout a problem im just wondering if its similar on the LBZ or do the rps need to be programed by a tech 2.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I did my high Idle on my lly witout a problem im just wondering if its similar on the LBZ or do the rps need to be programed by a tech 2.
If you have the radio controls in your steering wheel, you can set the cold high idle through the DIC. Once you turn it on, it will increase the cold idle to 1100 rpm when the outside temp is around 36*F or lower and the trans is in park. It turns off the high idle if you push the brake peddal or shift out of Park.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you have the radio controls in your steering wheel, you can set the cold high idle through the DIC. Once you turn it on, it will increase the cold idle to 1100 rpm when the outside temp is around 36*F or lower and the trans is in park. It turns off the high idle if you push the brake peddal or shift out of Park.
If you have a remote start system installed, will the cold high idle still work, or do you have to set it manually each time you start your truck? I am asking this with out ever programming anything because my truck is scheduled to be built next week

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the automatic high idle kicks on when its minus 32f i thinks wheather its started by key or remote start, what I want is the manual high idle, the one where you have to put a pin in the pcm and conected to 12V so when you press the cruise it will idle to 1100 rpm and press resume and it will go up to 1600 .

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I don't know if you can do the manual high idle or not. It seems there should be some way to enable. What I do know is the manual high idle would not be as effective at warming the truck as the automatic. The automatic is meant to warm the truck and the manual is, I believe, originally intended to be used with a PTO.

Also, just as an aside, I was under the impression the auto high idle only kicked on at 32 or below, but a few days ago I started my truck, temp display said 38 and, as I walked back inside, I heard it idle up. Must have been some certain sensor still reading a low temp somewhere.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
the automatic high idle kicks on when its minus 32f i thinks wheather its started by key or remote start, what I want is the manual high idle, the one where you have to put a pin in the pcm and conected to 12V so when you press the cruise it will idle to 1100 rpm and press resume and it will go up to 1600 .
First of all the automatic high idle kicks in around +36˚F. I know that mine does. As for the manual high idle I don't think you can use the same procedure that you used on your LLY to work on the LBZ. It's a totally different ECM. I would think that there is a way to do it on the new ECM. Hopefully some of the Diesel Techs here will be able to clarify this.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I am sure it could be done. We just need to find the proper pins and a test truck. I don't have an LBZ or even access to one so I won't be of much help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure there is a PTO option on the LBZ. Should be able to tap into that circut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts