Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the LBZ inlet adapter part # 98011738 will fit on the LB7. I know that the turbos are different brands, but was curios if the flanges were the same and if the pvc, ect would hook up. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
843 Posts
i don't know for sure, but i do know the lbz turbo intake will work on an lly because i have done it. i have the 06 lbz air intake all the way to the turbo on my 05 lly

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kylant;1600701; said:
i don't know for sure, but i do know the lbz turbo intake will work on an lly because i have done it. i have the 06 lbz air intake all the way to the turbo on my 05 lly
Thanks
I've read your thread; that's what got me thinking about using the Garret adapter. I have an LLY intake duct that I can cut, if necessary. I have bushed the 2006 air box outlet to 4" in hopes that the MAF sensor will work in the proper location. If it does and the Garret intake adapter will work on the IHI turbo, I would have a much cleaner install.
Maybe someone will read this that knows and answer. In about three weeks, I will know one way or the other.
Thanks again

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
kylant;1600701; said:
Are these actual turbo inlets, or air box intake from the filter housing you're talking about?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update;

The 2006 air box is installed; 500mi. with no codes, works fine. I used an LLY intake duct off the turbo and cut it two inches past the warning label, then used the LBZ intake duct to the air box that's mounted to the LBZ bracket. I bushed the air box outlet with 4" ABS (drilled a 1 1/8" hole for the MAFsensor) and took about 1/4" off of the MAF sensor mounting boss to get the sensor into the air flow. I used a small amount of rubberized caulk on the back out side of the bushing and drilled into it for the MAF mounting screws. I put in the vertical baffle behind the head light, the foam block, and the horizontal baffle, or deflector, below the mounting bracket. I really don't think the baffles are necessary, but they could help keep the filter clean in some conditions.

I don't have a camera, or know how to post pics, but if someone needs pics, I'll get one and learn.

Thanks to all that replied to my questions with inf and pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.