Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get started with my post and people start questioning my knowledge. I know and understand the duramax motor and the up keep it takes to keep these trucks running in top order. Between my dad and I we have owned 6 duramaxs over the last several years. I traded my 03 LB7 in may to avoid the very common injector issues and bought and 07 classic. Early this week my truck developed a terrible miss on my way home from work. And when i look in my mirror there was a large about of while smoke coming from my truck. :eek: I have seen this from two of our LB7 we previously owned and new right away what had happen but didn't want to believe it. I called the dealer and dropped my truck off the following morning. Recived the phone call from the dealer today. Number 5 and number 8 injectors bad at 17,000. Anyone else having any of the same problem or heard of anyone? I treat every tank with treatment and the truck has had 3 fuel filter changes since I have bought it. Anything can or should have done different to avoid this again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew this isn't a know problem just wondered if anyone had Any advise. Yeah 3 filters I Changed the first one with the first oil change, Didn't need to but I did, the second at 15,000 and the third when the motor developed a hesitation the day before the the injectors went out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I returned the truck back to the dealer I bought it from, They told me injectors 5 and 8 were stuck wide open should have more info on balance rates ect. tomorrow when I talk with the dealer again. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I questioned the pistons also when I talked with the dealer. Our first lb7 had a major melt down when an injector stuck open, ended up doing a total rebuild. Hope it doesn't come down to this with the LBZ. We will be keeping a close eye on this for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.