Diesel Place banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks for the plastidip tips guys!
Just got done with a cooling system service. The fluid looked great so I could have just ran it but oh well. Put new stats in it from Merchant Automotive with his o-ring install kit which worked very well. It holds 180-185 now dead on. Hopefully I don't have any leaks. Finally killed my squeak by replacing the 2 idlers and tension-er pulley and installing a green backed gates belt. The Advanced Auto Parts replacement tension-er pulley was steel where the factory is plastic which is nice.

I drilled and tapped the intake for 1/8 Water/Meth nozzles. That was kind of a pain to get off. It was even more of a pain getting the intake elbow re=attached to the turbo with that stupid v-band clamp where you can't see or get to anything!!! Now I just need to install the rest of the system and get some new nozzles.

Also installed a CTS2 with their EAS EGT probe. It worked pretty good. They should really reduce the amount of connectors they use and use black wire instead of brown that stands out like a sore thumb. The truck maxed out at 1350* with the probe in the passenger manifold just in front of the collector flange. I have about 10% more pulse width in additional fuel in it also.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Water/Meth Install!
Devils Own 3 and 7 with an AEM pump.

Unfortunately I can't feel anything on the small nozzle and the big nozzle comes on with more boost so I can't really tell on that one either. EGT's didn't really change much. I think the nozzles are after the IAT sensor so I couldn't see any change in that either. I'm also only running washer fluid which is about 30% and I have no idea how these nozzles act with this pump.

I really need to clean up the wiring around the fuse panel. I need to get another fuse block in order to do that. Also need to wire up indicators so I know when the solenoids open.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Hello again. Does anyone have a data log I could look at? Looking for cursing data on something with a tune up. I would upload my latest tune but it won't let me...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Duramax tuner Spade King EFI live tuning system that has for advanced tunes on it. I also have an edge insight cts2 and to give you some data if I can figure out how to operate it but I don't know if it would be any good for you. Let me know and I'll see what I can do

61 - 65 of 65 Posts