Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local GMC dealer about an hour ago, and i helped a guy i used to work with pull a LBZ out of a truck. It melted the injector tips in 4 or 5 cylinders; major damage - melted metal all over the tops of the pistons! The truck had 6 km! not 600 or 6000 - 6! it was cool got to see inner workings of a duramax!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Let's see. 6 km is around 3.75 miles. 5280 ft per mile makes that 19800 ft. A pulling track is 300 ft. So, that comes to exactly 66 full pulls. That's about a season, isn't it?:ro)

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Injector tips or glow plugs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rolleyes: IT WAS GLOW PLUGS - I'M LOSING IT

·
Registered
499 Posts
Skater,

Many of the Diesel Place posters are already aware that there have been other new posters to the Diesel Place who have popped in and claimed to have seen or they were experiencing LBZ disasters.

You have been on this sight for about five days and now you have already seen a melted down LBZ and it was shown to you by a guy you used to work with ...........:confused:.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Redeagle,

I used to work at the local GM dealer when i was 20. I was in there today and was chattin with one of the techs in the garage - as he was lifting the motor out of the truck. What is so hard to believe about that? What is ur problem?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was at the local GMC dealer about an hour ago, and i helped a guy i used to work with pull a LBZ out of a truck. It melted the injector tips in 4 or 5 cylinders; major damage - melted metal all over the tops of the pistons! The truck had 6 km! not 600 or 6000 - 6! it was cool got to see inner workings of a duramax!

What caused this to happen? Can you get us some pic's?

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone else reading this thread will have to excuse redeagle. For some reason he thinks i was hackin on LBZ's. when my lease is up in 11,000 km i too will be replacing my truck with another truck that will have an LBZ. just beacuse a faulty one comes from the factory does not mean that all LBZ are garbage. Who cares if i have been here 5 days or 5 min or 5 years. i saw one and told u guys. thats all. relax and quit bein a hater.:rant:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
IIRC there was a post a few weeks ago which mentioned a problem with glow plugs on some LBZ engines.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anyone else reading this thread will have to excuse redeagle. For some reason he thinks i was hackin on LBZ's. when my lease is up in 11,000 km i too will be replacing my truck with another truck that will have an LBZ. just beacuse a faulty one comes from the factory does not mean that all LBZ are garbage. Who cares if i have been here 5 days or 5 min or 5 years. i saw one and told u guys. thats all. relax and quit bein a hater.:rant:

I don't agree that anyone or everyone else will have to excuse me. Longer term posters on this forum have seen too many " 1. the low # of posts - 2. short term forum member - 3. big terrible problem" posters.

The issue that you speak to with the melting injectors, that you amended to melted glow plugs was a very early production run LBZ issue. I guess one of the early build trucks may have sat on a lot for a long time.

How about giving us the name of the GMC dealer and the VIN # to back up your post info? We can then see if it was an early build unit. I want to believe you, but the 3 items cited in the first paragraph are why I am expressing doubt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF!?! why would i make this up?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glow Plugs

Some of the LBZ's do have glow plug problems, melted tips and broken tips. There are bulletins out there. If the tips are broken G.M. says pull the heads and get the tips out. A lot easier to pull the engine to do it.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
alright guys keep it on topic or this thread will be closed...

·
Registered
79 Posts
true.........................................................

·
Registered
499 Posts
Stop Bashing Duramax Engines!!!!!

They Do Not Break !!!

All Photos Of A Broken Duramaxs Are Created Phtoshop!!!
No, any man made mechanical assembly can fail.

But there are some tall tales they are getting spread on the internet, some that fail when put under scrutiny.

I, as an employee of the company that is having its reputation sullied by what appear to be unsubstantiated internet rumors, have to respond and ask for details and point out what appear to be suspect reports of problems. On some of the occasions where an owner was having problems, I have offered my assistance to help resolve the situation. Some people responded and help was given, some people did not respond, despite repeated offers, and those are the folks I would put in the suspect category.

This does not apply to the original poster in this thread, I have already posted those concerns.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Stop Bashing Duramax Engines!!!!!

They Do Not Break !!!

All Photos Of A Broken Duramaxs Are Created Phtoshop!!!
I think if this type of juvenile posting behavior is going to continue with no type of usefull input then maybe Franklinn should find new friends. Almost everybody has purchased a lemon in life, hell I have a $100,000 Freightliner I'm not to jazzed about, but when you can't get over it, or it starts to consume your life, obviously like your Duramax has, It is time for you to seek PROFESSIONAL help. Didn't you buy a Dodge you like??? well then take a hike,:grd: and stay on the Dodge forums. These forums are here to help people out who own the product and have a genuine interest in them. You're just consistantly being a D#*che Bag

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think if this type of juvenile posting behavior is going to continue with no type of usefull input then maybe Franklinn should find new friends. Almost everybody has purchased a lemon in life, hell I have a $100,000 Freightliner I'm not to jazzed about, but when you can't get over it, or it starts to consume your life, obviously like your Duramax has, It is time for you to seek PROFESSIONAL help. Didn't you buy a Dodge you like??? well then take a hike,:grd: and stay on the Dodge forums. These forums are here to help people out who own the product and have a genuine interest in them. You're just consistantly being a D#*che Bag
:exactly: he contributes NOTHING to the board, even less than HOOT, but he is allowed to stay

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yup...

:exactly: he contributes NOTHING to the board, even less than HOOT, but he is allowed to stay
He's just suffering from "Buyers Remorse"... He wants his Duramax back... His "Inner-Self' is lashing out at those who stand by "Normal Mechanical Breakdowns"... :muahaha:

Heck, if we didn't have "Franklinman" what would we gripe about... :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts