Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have an LBZ and i want more whistle out of the exhaust. I do not want it to be more throaty sounding just more whistle. I heard an LBZ on the road and all u could hear was the turbo singing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
612 Posts
My MBRP Cool Duals really whistles. But it also rumbles with your foot in it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
"Kill the Kitty!" You can replace with a MBRP down pipe from DP supporting venders or remove pipe, clean out the screens, and re-install.

·
Registered
419 Posts
One of the things that can make the turbo whistle better is an aftermarket air intake. With our experience that seems to help create more turbo sound, which would work really well with your 4" exhaust you already have.

AFE makes the Stage 1 or Stage 2 air intake systems for your truck and I think it could help with what you want, plus it will give you better performance as well. Just a thought!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the intake makes it more noticable inside the cab, i do not want that. I just want to hear it out of the exhaust. I cant kill the cat either, b/c i will throw codes.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
If you can't remove the cat, then there's nothing more you can do.
The LLY/LBZ charger is not the loudest one made.... it'll never sound like a Furd, even straight piped.

http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/casper.mpg

That's a 20 meg file of McRat's "Casper" running nearly 500hp on the dyno.
He's running a straight pipe, using an LBZ turbo.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
nct,

Get the cat back system from MBRP, leave the cat alone and the overall cruising sound level will be nearly stock, only when you wail on it will you hear it "talk". We have sold a lot of folks this same set up and they all say it's sounds great when they want to hear it but otherwise it's stock. Plus you get some HP , some EGT drop ans turbo spool up too!

Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Before you run out and buy anything I would suggest you find other members who have already modified there trucks and see if you can listen to them. It's one thing if your going to run around empty but if you do a lot of towing the deep tone or mellow rumble will drive you nuts in the truck. Our exhaust kit is near stock noise leaves with a little more tone on the outside but the in cab noise level is no louder than stock. You can find them on our web site.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Some of the guys at the Ontario dyno day were teasing me that my TTS system was quieter than stock.

I think it was a combination of the TTS being so quiet, and the '06 being quieter than the '05.

I came out after my run and asked if there was much smoke on top of the building and the response was "You already ran?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.