Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500hd lbz Duramax
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Noticed this leak after just driving regularly down the road thought it was ac but I still have ac the next morning it was some sort of green fluid, it sprayed all over anyone know what hose this is ? And why it blew.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Without being in front of mine and looking at it, I can't swear to it, but pretty sure that is an AC line. Why green? Idk, maybe the oil. Why is it still working? Idk.

Reactions: StartedStock

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without being in front of mine and looking at it, I can't swear to it, but pretty sure that is an AC line. Why green? Idk, maybe the oil. Why is it still working? Idk.
I was thinking maybe it just still has some free on in there

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
I was thinking maybe it just still has some free on in there
Yea, probably. I imagine it'll stop blowing cold air in time since it's leaking. I recall being careful around that line when working under the hood, because it's easy to push it down under your weight and possibly cause a leak. And I seem to recall saying to myself, "Watch out, you don't wanna cause that ac line to leak."

No matter the cost, I will always keep my AC working here. Gonna be 109 this week!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, probably. I imagine it'll stop blowing cold air in time since it's leaking. I recall being careful around that line when working under the hood, because it's easy to push it down under your weight and possibly cause a leak. And I seem to recall saying to myself, "Watch out, you don't wanna cause that ac line to leak."

No matter the cost, I will always keep my AC working here. Gonna be 109 this week!
That’s probably exactly what happened lol yeah if it’s the ac I gotta get that fixed it’s 90 where I’m at right now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The part that I circled is the hose connected to the radiator.. would this still be ac line ? Tried turning ac on and it was only blowing hot

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
View attachment 634820 The part that I circled is the hose connected to the radiator.. would this still be ac line ? Tried turning ac on and it was only blowing hot
The smaller black radiator is called the AC Condensor and the line attached to it is circled. Yes that is AC line
(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The smaller black radiator is called the AC Condensor and the line attached to it is circled. Yes that is AC line
(y)
Thanks so much OKDually really appreciate it, do you know if this is an expensive repair ?

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts