Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the National Western Stock show yesterday and the first exhibit inside the door is, as always, by Chevrolet. One of the vehicles is a black CC dually, LT trim, all decked out, nice looking pickup. :cool2: Sticker shows the diesel as a 7K+ option, and is badged with the new Allison/Dmax badges. Hood was down so no help there but when I looked in at the dash the tach is redlined at 4800, seems a bit high for a Dmax.:lol: Couldn't find anybody to ask about it save for the models they have there to chum in the cowboys so just went on my way. Too bad they couldn't have had a real one not just a re-badged Vortec.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
That is where the redline starts on the 2006. The fuel shutoff is around 3200. They didn't really change the redline they just removed the dashed part because it was scaring people if it got into that area during grade braking.

Here is another thread about it. There are a couple of pictures in there also.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah it was a duramax, that is where the redline is on mine!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The rev limit is suppose to be 3250, they say the line on the cluster is that high because you can go up to that point when engine breaking, they got too many calls from the guys using engine breaks saying they were over reving the motors so they adjusted the cluster

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
floor it in park and it wont even go close to that "new" redline :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts