Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Horrible Et, .3xx also a 1.8 60' with balding Pirelli Scorpions. Still was a lot of fun. First time on an 1/8th mile strip. I was the only diesel there, got a lot of wierd looks until they saw it run. Too bad the trans took a dump again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjiQwbMKk34

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey. Let us know the next time you goto grove creek. We ran at that track for a couple of years. When did you go? How bad is the trany?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I can get this trans taken care of by the end of the week I will go the following weekend. We went this last Sunday. I really had my game all wrong, shoulda changed the trans filters, shoulda ran the co-pilot on kill. Oh well, live and learn. I will let you know when we go next time. The EFI tune I'm running now is quite a bit faster then what I had B4, with the co-pilot on kill and a fresh converter it should move pretty good. Our trucks would be a damn good race.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
nice runs, just an fyi, i've been following your trans thread ,ask all of the alli experts about doing burn outs they say its no good , but i've never had a problem goofing around on the street but i dont do burn outs at the track got 4wd for that ;)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
nice runs, just an fyi, i've been following your trans thread ,ask all of the alli experts about doing burn outs they say its no good , but i've never had a problem goofing around on the street but i dont do burn outs at the track got 4wd for that ;)
x2 I drive around the water box and just race, When I would spin the tires some I got worse 60 ft times

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yah, burnouts are too fun though, you pay for your burnout so I intend to get it. My 60ft. was 1.88 with a .275 RT, so it was still good with the crap tires.

I don't plan on burning out next time becuase of the uneeded heat it creates...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Nice vids Matt, she's runnin' clean! :)

Hopefully you can get your trans figured out soon. I'd like to have you make a few more passes with some tweak's to the tune while the weather is ideal. It's a strong running truck for sure. I think I saw an 84.7 MPH there?

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.