Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all And Eric

Where back Been real busy with our fleet. Update on our LB7
Eric Our 2003's have over 100,000 now. I was thinking of Trading Them in because now repairs our on us. 1st unit now need a starter and fly wheel. If we need major work done on our LB7 it can be big bucks???? How is the LLY doing. The Real life storys Smile. Note 3 of our units now have over 100,000 now. out of the 200 units now. So far we feel The Chevy is doing better then our powerstrokes in general

From steve
Fleet ownerEdited by: smartfix

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a few customers with over 200k on their 02's after they got throught the injector hump...underwarranty.....they are running strong....and yes the Duramax is quite expensive to repair if something fails, but relief is in sight with GM lowering the cost of parts for the DMax. injector prices were cut in half and the pump prices are dropping too...

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Steve, sounds like your getting some good use out of your trucks....

Nice to see ya again round these parts. My offer still stands for a move to sunny Ft L

·
Registered
909 Posts
It would seem to be a heck of alot cheaper to employ a company mechanic instead of replacing the fleet of diesel trucks every 100k miles. Hey, maybe that's what Eric is getting at all along.

·
Registered
625 Posts
100K not even broke in yet. Fix em and put em back out on the road.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I agree, a buddy has his own tow business, and he won't even buy diesel, just gas, all of his rigs are a few years old now--5.7 vortecs, and all got well over 200k--TOWING. The diesels, should easily be able to outlive the gassers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts