Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my gt4202 (top) turbo rebuilt twice in two months by HTT turbo and I still have oil coming out of the compressor side (feeding the smaller turbo inlet).

HTT has said that the turbo was fine on both occasions but the turbo still has oil coming out. Along with the first rebuild, I changed the air filter. HTT claimed the only thing that could be wrong was the oil return; however, I have a -10 hose draining straight to the oil pan with no kinks.

I haven't even had time to put the truck in boost and I get a gray haze under light acceleration and even at idle with my high idle engaged.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Oil feed line sized too large or excessive pressure? Oil return too small or partially plugged up?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil line is the same one that has been on since the install years ago (unless HTT supplied a different fitting to the turbo).

I took the -10 oil drain off and used a rod to see if anything was restricted below the turbo to the bottom of the oil pan fitting. Everything was clear from the turbo to the oil pan.

To tune the small turbo I had to basically tighten the wastegate bolt nearly closed to get 1/2 total boost on overall and large turbo. Could this be a problem?

Oil feed line sized too large or excessive pressure? Oil return too small or partially plugged up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts