Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD (LB7)
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. so I have some type of catastrophic no start situation going on in another thread and while I'm down, I've been going through it cleaning out, tuning up, etc the 2004 lb7.

I've been having a conversation with mr. Kennedy over at Kennedydiesel.com who was the manufacturer of the lift pump on this truck. From this lift pump we have a Donaldson water separator that outlets to the fuel rail, then a cat 0750 fuel filter up front. Cheap adapter on top, oem filter housing above that which is about to get rebuilt tonight.

For his type of centrifugal pump, John advises against the separate water separator in the back and aftermarket fuel filter in lieu of an oe-style up front (mostly for the introduction of air into the rear components). I would probably personally go ACDelco. Any thoughts on this? Any massive advantages or disadvantages to returning the truck back to more of an OEM run to the CP3?

Semi-related... I will have a lot of piping to forgo if I do go back to this original style, taking pump directly into fuel rail. Any suggestions on a quality line to splice in for this? there's no telling how old the fuel lines are back there and I'm not certain that one of them would be long enough to reroute up there. If I'm doing it, I'm going to do it with new line.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
You cannot go wrong with OEM.
If you return it back to stock you at least want to keep the Lift pump to help support the CP3 with OEM filtration

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sure. I'm sold on the pump, and specifically the Kennedy. It was on my original list of upgrades that I didn't realize was already there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any suggestion on soft fuel lines? Will standard (gas) fuel lines of the same ID suffice for the runs from filter head to EDU? I've been looking at steel braided but I'm not finding an appropriate OE length, or 90 connector for the EDU side.

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
Any suggestion on soft fuel lines? Will standard (gas) fuel lines of the same ID suffice for the runs from filter head to EDU? I've been looking at steel braided but I'm not finding an appropriate OE length, or 90 connector for the EDU side.
As long as it's a fuel rated hose you should be fine

Reactions: JayhawkLB7

·
Administrator
16,038 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts