Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know What The Timing Should Be At Idle Mine Is Showing -4 Is This Normal? No Mods

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine Timing Shown On A Tech 2,tech Was Unsure What It Should Be But He Thought It Was Low?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have any electronic power enhancers like Edge, Superchip, BD, or anything? If so did you have them removed? Shouldn't matter. Just to clarify it is Injection timing, right? the tech 2 showed 4 degrees BTDC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like to me that it is injecting 4 degrees after TDC or -4BTDC.
I have no first hand experience with this issue, but I am currently going to a diesel tech college and I'm in the injection pump, and injectors classes now so I will ask for ya.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
yes -4 is correct

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks For Info Just Had Heads Replaced And I Now Have Alot Of Top End Noise And Didnt Know If It Was All In The Valves Or Maybr Timing Also Injectors Show Good 27500 Miles 12 Bent Pushrods,8 Broke Valves

·
Registered
251 Posts
i had heads replaced as well recently. i thought things were a little noisier than before as well, but everything seems to check out. if you find any thing out let us know.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Does Anyone Know What The Timing Should Be At Idle Mine Is Showing -4 Is This Normal? No Mods
Stock Timing Tables show -3.60 degrees timing at 162 degree operating temperature at between 600-800 rpm's . That will not take into account the Intake Air Temp, Barometric Pressure and Coolant Temp multiplier tables and if they are affecting it in any way.

T:D NY

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heads Replaced And Things Are Alot Noisier Than Before It Is Embarrasing To Drive Everyone That Hears It Says Man That Thing Sounds Terrible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts