Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you’ll have to excuse me if I sound like a jackass, I’m new on here and new to looking at forums in general. I’m gonna start by saying I usually only deal with LS engines as I part out Tahoes, Yukons, Escalades, and such. That being said, I’m getting out of parting them out cause I never have the time anymore but I have this 2002 suburban LS that’s barn door and has no rust or anything at all so there is no way I could part it out and I’ve been dying to do something with it, all that’s wrong with it is it has a burnt valve so it runs like crap. Now I could take the crappy running 5.3 out and put a good cammed 6.0 that I already have sitting around in it but that’s just too easy and that’s what everybody is doing. This is where I need help, I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a 2001 crew cab short bed LB7 that has no title in hopes to just swap the Duramax and Allison into my suburban but I have no clue what I’m talking about when it comes to diesels. I’d like to just put my suburban body on the 2500 frame and I’m willing to do a little fabricating but if not I need some advice on how to just swap the engine and trans.. Thanks in advance and sorry for the book!

·
Administrator
21,776 Posts
Ok, you’ll have to excuse me if I sound like a jackass, I’m new on here and new to looking at forums in general. I’m gonna start by saying I usually only deal with LS engines as I part out Tahoes, Yukons, Escalades, and such. That being said, I’m getting out of parting them out cause I never have the time anymore but I have this 2002 suburban LS that’s barn door and has no rust or anything at all so there is no way I could part it out and I’ve been dying to do something with it, all that’s wrong with it is it has a burnt valve so it runs like crap. Now I could take the crappy running 5.3 out and put a good cammed 6.0 that I already have sitting around in it but that’s just too easy and that’s what everybody is doing. This is where I need help, I’m fixing to pull the trigger on a 2001 crew cab short bed LB7 that has no title in hopes to just swap the Duramax and Allison into my suburban but I have no clue what I’m talking about when it comes to diesels. I’d like to just put my suburban body on the 2500 frame and I’m willing to do a little fabricating but if not I need some advice on how to just swap the engine and trans.. Thanks in advance and sorry for the book!
Welcome to DieselPlace

I would start in this thread for your adventure: Duramax Suburban Brotherhood
It is a long read but has some good info (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts