Diesel Place banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Biotec, since my batteries are out anyway Ill look up the way the ficm likes em before i hook them in.

Thanks for that tip

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
nope. The batteries tested good. still got a short crank and then it fires up n dies all in 2 seconds or less. I still wont consider taking it to a shop...not yet. But it is getting old. maybe tonight is the night

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Checked all the fuses with a test light. And the ones that are only active with the key on. Simply getting light on both sides of the fuse with the probe means all good for sure? Means the circuit is good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take a look at this thread. It pretty much describes the issues you are having.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I guess I did leave out a key part of replacing my injectors..or maybe not, IDK, but I also did a vavle adjustment. Ive heard both that you dont need to do one and that you should do one since youre in there anyway. I followed the .012 spec and made sure the line on the balancer was perfectly lined up when 1 was TDC and when 4 was TDC and adjusted the valves accordingly. Once they were tightened, I went through a second time making sure the .012 gauge went in and had a little resistance pulling out. Could adjusting the valves cause no starting issue? Was there something else I should have done after adjusting them?

Also I turned the balancer 360 degrees( 1 time ) in between the adjustments for 1 tdc and 4 tdc
using the alternator pulley to turn

Thanks

21 - 25 of 25 Posts