Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 02 Silverado 2500 Lb7 with California emisssions. Bought it about two weeks ago with no problems until a few days ago. When the truck is at operating temp it will smoke white, not a huge amount but definitely enough for concern. Very slight haze at idle but doesn’t happen when it’s cold. The longer the truck idles after being at operating temp it seems like the more smoke with come from the exhaust. Fuel mileage isn’t great but do not know how this truck well enough to say that there is a drop in mpg. Anybody have any ideas? Been told injectors which seems to be the standard for these trucks, but will injectors smoke only when warm?

· Administrator
27,225 Posts
Welcome

Start by checking Injector balance rates
(y)

· Registered
27 Posts
I recently bought an 02 Silverado 2500 Lb7 with California emisssions. Bought it about two weeks ago with no problems until a few days ago. When the truck is at operating temp it will smoke white, not a huge amount but definitely enough for concern. Very slight haze at idle but doesn’t happen when it’s cold. The longer the truck idles after being at operating temp it seems like the more smoke with come from the exhaust. Fuel mileage isn’t great but do not know how this truck well enough to say that there is a drop in mpg. Anybody have any ideas? Been told injectors which seems to be the standard for these trucks, but will injectors smoke only when warm?
Most likely injectors. I've had to replace mine about every 100k miles on my '03 LB7. Not impossible to do yourself as I've done mine twice, but definitely time consuming.

Reactions: biotec

· Registered
420 Posts
Sounds exactly like my symptoms, first at 50k miles and again recently at 90k miles. New injectors needed both times. So I feel your pain. I’m careful where I fuel, I use Stanadyne every tank, etc. Seems to be luck of the draw.

· Registered
2004 Chevy K3500 Crew cab DRW 6.6 Duramax
341 Posts
Same thing I had going on when I bought my 2004 with 109k on the clock. New injectors and she is right as rain.

Reactions: biotec
1 - 7 of 7 Posts