Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need help, I’ve got a 2003 lb7 CA. I’m trying to get it smogged. I just did the injectors, vacuum pump, egr vacuum solenoid and the glow plugs. I’ve put 2000 miles on it since then and the CCM monitor won’t go ready. Has a tuner on it from Dyno sources tuning. I know a guy that has the same truck and tuner and passes smog. No codes anywhere in the computer?? Anyone know how to get the CCM monitor to go green??

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
I would keep driving it to get the monitor to activate.. Get on the freeway/highway and get up to speed. Do quite a bit of stop and go traffic, etc
If your Dyno sources tuning is not CARB certified be ready to be told it will not pass...
California is hammering down on all the mods.

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Sounds like an old fashoned "Italian tune-up" is in order...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to DieselPlace
I would keep driving it to get the monitor to activate.. Get on the freeway/highway and get up to speed. Do quite a bit of stop and go traffic, etc
If your Dyno sources tuning is not CARB certified be ready to be told it will not pass...
California is hammering down on all the mods.
Thank you! I’ve been driving at highway speeds in our area. 50 to 60 and even towed 10,000 pounds the last couple days and still won’t set. I have the batteries disconnected right now and draining the power out of the Ecm to reset all monitors so hopefully that will make it green. Just stumped with no trouble codes or any tale tell signs.

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
Thank you! I’ve been driving at highway speeds in our area. 50 to 60 and even towed 10,000 pounds the last couple days and still won’t set. I have the batteries disconnected right now and draining the power out of the Ecm to reset all monitors so hopefully that will make it green. Just stumped with no trouble codes or any tale tell signs.
Keep driving it and try the "Italian tune up" method listed above.. the monitor will eventually trigger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like an old fashoned "Italian tune-up" is in order...
When I had it smogged and it failed the smog tech didn’t see the tune switch and it doesn’t show in the computer so fingers crossed for tuner lol it’s a huge power difference

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
94 Posts
Go read that link in my last post. There is a good link in post #4 that explains all the different things that CCM checks, looks like alot of things could be holding it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts