Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2003 lb7 duramax with 320000 on it, I’m having a weird problem with it. When it sits say a day or two it fires up without a problem but when I shut it off after even 20 seconds of it running it will only crank and not start. When it sits the desired fuel rail pressure and actual fuel pressure match perfect but when it won’t start it won’t build up any fuel rail pressure at all. It dose not smoke and it runs mint when it is running. I did the return bottle test and got 110ml of fuel in 15 sec of cranking.
I’ve changed the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pressure return valve has been changed, there’s a fass lift pump, all fuel lines were replaced. Has no engine light, Before I owned the truck injectors were replaced that was 70k ago. Would you think injectors? Also it has efi live. Any help at all would be awesome, thanks.
Here are my injector balance rates.

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
02 2500HD LB7
126 Posts
I got a 2003 lb7 duramax with 320000 on it, I’m having a weird problem with it. When it sits say a day or two it fires up without a problem but when I shut it off after even 20 seconds of it running it will only crank and not start. When it sits the desired fuel rail pressure and actual fuel pressure match perfect but when it won’t start it won’t build up any fuel rail pressure at all. It dose not smoke and it runs mint when it is running. I did the return bottle test and got 110ml of fuel in 15 sec of cranking.
I’ve changed the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pressure return valve has been changed, there’s a fass lift pump, all fuel lines were replaced. Has no engine light, Before I owned the truck injectors were replaced that was 70k ago. Would you think injectors? Also it has efi live. Any help at all would be awesome, thanks.
Here are my injector balance rates.
Those balance rates are not that great. I would start with either the GM injector cleaning procedure noted at the top of the main LB7 forum or pick up some CRC 1 tank diesel cleaner and run it thru it. Sounds like there may be some deposits causing something to stick, put on a new fuel filter before doing any cleaner or else the additive is just going to clean the deposits on the filter and waste it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those balance rates are not that great. I would start with either the GM injector cleaning procedure noted at the top of the main LB7 forum or pick up some CRC 1 tank diesel cleaner and run it thru it. Sounds like there may be some deposits causing something to stick, put on a new fuel filter before doing any cleaner or else the additive is just going to clean the deposits on the filter and waste it.
It is currently off the road, I know I have ran a cleaner though it before just not sure on the brand. I will try the GM injector cleaner procedure thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts