Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about replacing my idler pulleys on my LB7. Nothing is wrong with mine, but I have heard they have had some problems with them going out. My Duramax only has 110,000 K on it. But I’m thinking better safe then sorry and end up out stuck somewhere. Rock auto has 2 of the pulleys (AC Delco) pretty cheap. One is around $16 and the other is $24. Anyone else replaced there pulleys?

·
Administrator
16,326 Posts
Replacing the tensioner is also good preventative maintenance.
(y)(y)

Reactions: Riverdude

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’m thinking about replacing my idler pulleys on my LB7. Nothing is wrong with mine, but I have heard they have had some problems with them going out. My Duramax only has 110,000 K on it. But I’m thinking better safe then sorry and end up out stuck somewhere. Rock auto has 2 of the pulleys (AC Delco) pretty cheap. One is around $16 and the other is $24. Anyone else replaced there pulleys?
Replaced mine at 101000 miles when a pulley bearing went and the pulley flew off busted a fan blade off and put a hole in my Radiator must have came back or initially damaged my coolant bypass tube. Very costly and I will continue to keep an eye on them from now on. When it went I was almost to my dads house and the belt I thought started to squeel so I stopped at the auto store and picked up belt dressing and a new belt. Thenext morning I started and while warming up I seen smoke coming out from under the hood which turned out to be coolant. Ended up also changing the water pump also, what an endeavor that was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts