Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a message off the answering machine from Oregon Fuel Injection about the LB7 to LLY fuel filter interchangeability.

They said that Racor Engineering told them, "The INF 4598 OEM fuel filter for the '01-'03 Duramax has the same spin on, same micron rating, same everything except the filter for the '04 LLY motor is 3/4 inch longer".

So, according to Racor via OFI, the LB7 OEM fuel filter will fit an LLY. At least now I can have a spare filter around for the just in case thing.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
<DIV>I had a long conversion with a tech at Racor on this filter, and this is what I was told also. I posted a brief summary of my phone conversion on this board awhile back. He said that the top (threaded part) is the same, the filter element is the same, only change made was, the can is longer.</DIV>
<DIV>He also stated that the filter for the LB7 and the LLY were completely interchangeable.</DIV>
<DIV>Some of the guys on this board said they thought the longer filter for the LLY will not fit the LB7 because of clearance on the head.</DIV>
<DIV>I don't know if this is a fact, I haven't tried it myself.</DIV>
<DIV>I do know, at that the dealer that I deal with the parts guy told me the filter for the LLY cost more.</DIV>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts