Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...just another one of my crazy silly hypothetical "WHAT IF" questions...

Seeing as my LLY is, for all intents and purposes, an LB7 now (no VVT or EGR), would it technically be possible to run an LB7 ECM? Forget all the rewiring of connectors, I know ill have to do that. But otherwise, would it work?? I dont see why not... It'd be kind of a fun project I think...running an LB7 ECM on a LILLY.:D

Im looking over the two ECM pinouts to look at wiring differences..someone stop me!:eek:

Ben

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
One way to find out :D

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Did you ever think that maybe you just shouldnt have bought one of them junk LiLLYs and bought you a real truck like a LBZ or LB7? Why be a poser? Why not just get the real deal instead of trying to polish a turd? Damn young guys dont make any sense these days......

:rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:

I know I know...I was young and stupid when I bought my LLY...I saw the 10 more hp and the 85 more ft lbs of torque and assumed it was a better engine :(

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
It will get there ;) You have a nice rig and I you have realy done alot of work to make it cool. Now that you are trying to complete its transformation to a LB7 it will be even better :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will get there ;) You have a nice rig and I you have realy done alot of work to make it cool. Now that you are trying to complete its transformation to a LB7 it will be even better :lol:
:lol: :D thanks Phil...

so come on...I know you wanna do the same thing to your LBZ...run an LB7 ECM...

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
why? isn't steve almost done with the lly tunes? what is wrong with your efi live?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Not impossible but it would be a lot of work. I don't know exactly but I am sure there are a some sensors differences as well as fuel rail differences etc. I don't see any reason you can't get as good of programming with an LLY PCM since the major limitation seemed to be the turbo. Now that is not an issue so its just a matter of playing with your efi ;)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
man , SURE IS NICE TO HAVE A LB7:D ......la te da te da ......;) ):h ):h

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha hmm yeah I was just throwing it out there...another one of my crazy ideas.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Did you ever think that maybe you just shouldnt have bought one of them junk LiLLYs and bought you a real truck like a LBZ or LB7? Why be a poser? Why not just get the real deal instead of trying to polish a turd? Damn young guys dont make any sense these days......

:rotflmao:
Wanna race for beer? My junk LLY against your rocketship LBZ...:eek:

):h

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stop by Kent and I'll load something in your ECM for testing............:cool:

Better have a tire fund put aside though......):h ):h ):h
Ill be coming home on the 16th!!:eek:

hmmm that sounds pretty tempting Tony..

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
since when did the lbz become a "Real Truck?"

jeeze phil. so far the lbz is the most underpowered. he he he.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
in Senad O'Conners voice....... " Nothing compares .......NO----th--- ING COMPARES TO YOU "(LB7) ):h ):h ):h

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
There you go ben, all you have to do is put an LB7 and LB7 computer in your truck. ):h

·
Registered
410 Posts
in Senad O'Conners voice....... " Nothing compares .......NO----th--- ING COMPARES TO YOU "(LB7) ):h ):h ):h
:funnypost :lol: Long Time!! How sweet it is (LB7):ro)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Based on the projects Ben takes on when he gets bored ...I wouldn't be surprised to see him do an LB7 engine in LLY truck install thread.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you cant fire LB7 injectors with an LLY or vice versa if thats the q. LLY injectors wont work with an LB7 ECm
I know the LLY injectors operate on 48v and the LB7 sticks operate on 96v, but doesnt the LB7 EDU recieve signals in the same way from the ECM that the LLY EDU does?):h

alright im giving up on this idea...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts