Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I did my research ( a bunch of searches) and I cant find the answers, please help. Ive got an 02 LB7 with a cat...... I want to do a full 4" system, but it sounds like I will throw codes for sure, true? If so, what are my choices? I would like to not put a blocker plate and fingerstick if possible. Anyone with this engine have feedback? Thanks in advance!:cool: BTW, if I have to add those 2 parts, about how much are they?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Not knowing where you are from...

Anyhow, the LB7 doesn't require all the emissions override crap like the LLY. Just do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kennedy- read alot of your posts, and it seems like you have a good handle on the dmax....... so is that a definite no you wont throw codes, or a just quit being a sissy and do it?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
As long as you aren't in a state such as California that requires a Catalytic converter, you won't throw any codes at all.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You will be fine. I'm running a straight pipe lb7 and no codes

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Since you have an LB7 and I assume from your post it does have a cat now. This being the case you have a clean states emission truck and the odds are you will set a light if you remove the cat when you install an exhaust with no cat. With that in mind some have gotten away with no light but the codes do get set while others have gotten the light and codes set. The solution would be to install the finger stick if you get the codes but you can drive it just fine with the exhaust and the light on until you get the stick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.