Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys, I just dyno'ed my 02 LB7 and I've gotta say, I'm not REALLY impressed with the numbers she laid down. 319 HP and 668 FT. LBS. at the Atlanta Dynolab with the Predator set on 120 HP. Does this sound about right to ya'll? It's got 135,000 miles but runs like a champ. What do ya think?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I think dynos are a crock and prove nothing. I think a lot of the results depend on how the dyno is set up and who is operating it. When my truck was bone stock I got on a dyno and put up 214 hp...WTF??? With PPE/VA stack I was running 13.5s and put up 478. With my EFI tune I run 12.8s and put up 422....I know little to nothing about dynos, but from my experiences with them thus far, I think they are for the birds. Tracks are the proving ground. This is just my opinion and Im sure many disagree. Care I dont.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
The predator 120 on a LB7 should dyno at around 360rwhp. Mine did a best of 366rwhp.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Your truck stock will make about 250 RwHp with the mods you have listed less the tuner. Dyno's are a tool and the results can be alter by how its run and several other things. If you happy with your truck I would not worry about the dyno numbers.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Mine dynoed at 370hp with predator 120 tune. I will give you a hint. The LB7 Predator 85 and 120 tunes need a lift pump to really run. Like they said it is tool. When dynoing a new tune you should also dyno an known base line tune such as stock before comparing tunes. A lot of things effect the final output.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Was it Dynolabs in Marietta? If so Arthur knows what he's doing and his #'s are consitant wiht other dyno's.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it actually was Arthur. He's a great guy. You ever run there?

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's where I used to run my TDI when I was tuning on it. I'm in his book somewhere if he hasn't thrown it out, ofcourse I've added a few things since then :cool:. I need to get by and see him, next time you're gonna do a run let me know I'll come by, maybe put my LiLLY on the rollers and make ya feel better.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.